Chapter Twelve: Finding and Forgeting.

Max's P.O.V:

She's been gone for hours now, and Oliver and I are going crazy.

I never realized how important she was to me until now. Even Zach and Uriah are on the edge.

Are we ever going to find Claire?

We have to, its our only option.

"Were they after Claire or were they just on Zach's land?" Oliver asks as we discuss things over and over until we get one clue.

"Sia mentioned something about how they were after Claire." Uriah stands "She might know more." His dark complication looks dim under the light. Its night time now, and the full moon is out tonight, Which is ironic because it symbolizes a lost mate. So when one mate looks up, the other will be drawn to it. The moon pulls us all together.

"Speaking of which, where is Sia?" Zach asks.

My body tenses a little in guilt. It wasn't the most mature thing to lock her out, but Dusk was in pain and he needed her away. She'll be alright though, She's only outside.

"Haven't seen her since car ride," Oliver scratches the back of his head, and inhales the air loudly. "She's not near as well..." His voice fades at the last sentence.

And he's right, I can't feel her near.

"Max, are your mate senses okay?" Oliver asks. They weren't. They were freaking out. My heart was pounding harder each minute she wasn't with me, or even in a radius of me.

In repliance, I shrug effortlessly. Like a pathetic boyfriend who doesn't care about his girlfriend.

"Do you not care?" He raises his ginger eyebrow. I can feel an argument beginning.

I shrug again.

"You're being a dick. Do you know where she is?"

I shrug once more.

"Get out," Oliver spits at me pointing a finger to the door I locked.

"This is my house. My rules, I am the Alpha and I will not take orders from my Beta." Dusk says in disgust, he's never been this bad before and it scares me that he could do something stupid.

"I don't take orders from a marked Alpha, now get out."

I wince and growl at him, but he doesn't budge. Nor does Zach or Uriah, who have actually taken a defence stance. I feel excluded.

"I don't need you guys anyway," I wave them off before storming out of the room, unlocking, then slamming the door behind me. 

Stupid Oliver.

Stupid mark.

Stupid life.

I'm so pissed off at everything. Oliver keeps getting on my nerves, The freaking Mark of disgrace, Claire missing. Why can't we all just grow up and think about Claire? She needs us and we're all being selfish.

'You're being the selfish one' A side of Dusk reminds me.

And he's right.

I being selfish, Oliver, Zach and Uriah are just trying their best, I'm just being a prick.

But I can't move on yet, there is a piece of me that is still missing.

As rain begins to trickle down the side of my face, thunder strikes. A beam of moonlight hits my eyes, and I can feel something pulling me towards the moon.