Chapter Fifteen: A Father's Approval

With every war, starts a beginning. Beginnings are made so that things start, and you can choose your direct path. But some paths are already made for us, I like to call this; Fate.

Fate is a simple thing really. Things can happen for a reason. You can choose to believe it, or you can utterly ignore that it is there and roam on free will. I like to believe that maybe some things were fate; only so I can choose my own path that eventually will lead to another intervening with fate. But you will always wonder, after strikes of bad luck -Is this how it is meant to be?

Tonight we put everything to rest. Claire was home, Oliver and Max were alive, Max and I have breached an understanding about our argument and everything will stay like this until morning. When we can figure it all out.

I had hugged Claire so tight before I retreated to my room. I was worried,  and she knew I would be. I value the well being of the people closest to me over my own.

"I'm glad you're okay." I mumble in her shoulder, her blond locks getting in the way of my breathing but it doesn't matter.

"I missed you." She mumbles in mine, no doubt my hair interfering with her air as well. "We'll talk about this in the morning alright?" She pulls away from our hug, her blue eyes looking at me.

I know it's weird, but when you have a friend that is as close to you as Claire is to me, she's like a sister. You learn to love everything about your sister over time, you respect her for the things she's done.

"Its good to have you home" I smile slightly, as she replies once again.

"It's good to be home, Sia." She turns away down to the left of the hallway where her and Oliver sleep. "Good night."

"Night" I respond already walking down to the right end. The floor boards in the house start to creak, so I take steps lightly.

Entering the room and seeing that Max is still awake, surprised me almost. You'd think that if you were basically dead, and came back to life very conviently, you would want to sleep, right? Well not Max.

"Hey Gorgeous." I can make out Max's face from the beaming moonlight. Its still night but soon it will be dawn if we keep at it. He pats the empty space beside him, gesturing for me to sit.

I do as so, climbing on the bed and sitting where he directed. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. I respond by wrapping my arms around his stomach so that I can hug him side on.

"I missed you very very much," He tells me kissing my temple. "My wolf was trying to come back alove because he heard your voice. Without you - I'd be dead Sia"

I kind of didn't believe that, but I nodded and kissed him back anyway. What ever makes him happy - I'm willing to do.

~

In the morning it was chaotic. So many things to be done in so little time. We decided to start things in order if when they happened, so The Mark of Disgrace was to be resolved first. Half the pack took orders from Max just like any other day, and the other half took his orders looking weary and unsure of him.

"What do we have to do to get this iff your case?" I asked him in the morning, we were all outside. Everyone. Oliver, Claire, Kevin, Ian, Uriah, Zac, the whole lot.

"Well," Max said scratching the back of his head, then digging his hands into his pockets.

"The council, perhaps?" Oliver suggests with a tinge of glow about him.

The Council? I need to be more up to date with things...

Max pauses for a few moments, mentally debating weather or not that this is a good suggestion or not.