Chapter Thirteen: Left Behind

Sia's P.O.V:

I'm still not really over it, guilt consumes me on the very thought of The Mark of Disgrace. I've accepted that it pushed his wolf to say and do the things he did, because he's really trying and so will I.

But it seems as if everytime we try and resolve the real problem, other issues will appear. I'm making it my duty to make sure the other issues don't evolve bigger then they already are.

Max has a theory on finding Claire, and I trust him. But he doesnt want to elaborate unless Oliver is around.

"What time is it?" He asks, as tge rain gets heavier and thunder strikes near north. Always being that one convenient person with a watch I roll up my damp sleve.

"Its just past 2" I reply, flicking my dark hair back and away from my face.

"It'll be 3 by the time we get back," He scratches the back of his head, "Sunrise will be at 5..." He begins to trail of his mind doing mathematical equations that are so irrelvant right now.

"Hop on," He bends down, gesturing for me to get on his back.

"What?" I question him.

"We'll get home in half the time in wolf form."

I can't beleive im agreeing to this, but Claire is important to me. I jump on his back and wrap my arms around his neck for security, and just like that;

My boyfriend grew four legs and a fur coat.

~

We were in pack territory in no time.

Max had successfully brought us back without Dusk flipping out, but I think he can control him enough. 

We climbed over the gates, being that it was early in the morning and only pack members could actually climb across it (Some type of werewolf vodu - I don't know) Max had insisted he held me while he scailed the bars, but I of course (Being my stubborn independant self, refused.) 

"Ill talk it out with Oliver..." I begin, trying to put this some how gently. "It's just if he is as pissed off at you as I was, then it would be better to hear from me."

Maintaining our gravity on the ground, I could see Max consider it in his eyes. He feels bad about everything, and most likely wants to resolve it himself.  "Okay," He agrees deciding its the better option.

We walk through the gardens and near the house entance.

"Sia?" I hear him hiss, he's tone is vauge in the nights silence.

"Yeah?" I whisper back, I'm not sure why we're keeping our tone low - After all, he is the Alpha and he can do what ever he wants. Even if it is just speaking a little louder.

"Stop-" He began to late so he was cut off when I ran into a hard chest. It growled.

I didn't turn to Max, because I knew his eyes locked with the man in front of us. He must be a part of the pack because he can't get in anyway else. But the way his jaw clenches and his stance straightens more solidly, something tells me he's not right.

"Oh," I hear Max behind me "Greetings Hades." I wanted to laugh at the irony of his name, being a god of the underworld - And looking exactly what one would look like. Especially with the whole 'biker' outfit.

He simply scratched his dark beard and yawned. "You need to Leave, Max." He said it gently for someone with such a deep voice.

"I will not leave," Max states, and I feel his aura strengthen.