.:Chapter 19:.

Once you got into the house, all of the small kids were abducted and taken away by Dana and Debbie.
"So, eeehhh, you and Dan going to the old house?" Avi asked sitting down on the couch.
"We might as well." You answered, looking at Dan who nodded.
"Okay, take your time." Avi smiled.
You and Dan went back outside and walked next door to the rundown house.
You walked inside and saw nothing was moved since you last saw it, and you were 9 then.
Walking into your room, you broke out into laughter. Holding your stomach, you kneeled down.
"O-O-Oh my god!" You managed to say through your uncontrollable laughter.
Dan was in the window, trying to climb in like he used to.
He ended up falling into your old bed, which looked a little too small for him.
"Wow, I think I nailed that." Dan joked and you attempted to stop laughing.
"Oh my god..." You heard Dan as you caught a glimpse of him getting up and walking to the closet.
Looking over, you saw him take out a small dress. "Wasn't this your favorite dress?" He asked, chuckling at it.
"It was! How is it still intact?" You stood up and walked over to Dan.
That's when you remembered you and Emily took almost nothing when you two left for Spain.
Looking in your bookshelf, one book stood out the most.
Looking at the cover, it was The Last Unicorn. Opening to the first page, you saw initials scribbled inside.

L.D.A

Giggling you remembered how one day you took Dan's book. "Isn't that mine?" You heard him ask when you showed him. "Yeah, I stole it one day, but I don't think you ever noticed."
"Oh, I noticed all right." He smiled.
When you finished grabbing what you wanted from your room, you slowly walked into the living room.
You saw it was a total mess and sighed. Dan was looking around the kitchen so you decided to tidy up a bit.
You walked over to the coffee table and saw a note lying there. Picking it up, you gasped, covering your mouth.
It was from David.

Dear (Y/N) or Emily,
   I love you very much and I understand what I did wrong. But I know you both probably won't return. I've always wanted to see you both with the brightest of smiles, but it seems my mind had different plans.
   You see, I was in serious debt from my past when it all started. Emily, you already know this, but (Y/N) doesn't.
After all, she is only 9.
    My past seems to have caught up to me and it took a toll. I had to do something, but I apparently didn't take the right path. The drugs, alcohol, and money took over my mind.
Soon enough, I ended up putting both of you in debt.
    The only way I can end this is by.... You know.
    If you are reading this I am most likely gone, but I want you to know one thing.

   I love you.

Love your father/husband,
David

You were in tears and shaking. Dan ran over and held you, trying to calm you down.
"Shh, it's alright. I'm here..." He whispered as you held him close. He read the note and hugged you a little tighter.
"Before we go home, do you want to visit him?" Dan asked quietly and you nodded.
Dan picked you up, and when you arrived to his grave, you noticed a certain flower on the grave.
She knew, Emily knew he was dead. But she didn't tell, why?
Those thoughts ran through your head as you say in front of the grave and told David everything he missed.
Dan ended up carrying you back home and you snuggled up beside him.

------------
...................

~Stormi