4

Jennifer's POV.

When I was a kid, I was the "normal" type of one. I had friends, I had my "best friends" and all that. The usual. When I was like...ten years old maybe, I got my first boyfriend. It was a stupid thing but yeah, it happened, we even shared a kiss it was ridiculous, just thinking about it. But it happened. Cheating has no age, and that's the preamble I use to explain how this sucker cheated on me with another girl. I guess I was mature to my age, I couldn't understand how someone could be such an ass to me. He literally admitted to my face that he had cheated. I was a game and he just wanted to be with someone else. I cried like a crazy person. I was just a kid, and so was him. I got over him shortly after. Then my parents got divorced and I moved to another city, completely forgetting about him. When I was fifteen I got into another relationship with what I thought was the love of my life. By then my mom was already dating a woman, I was cool with it. I was shocked at first because that wasn't a normal thing, a socially accepted thing, girl x girl? What kind of sinner are you and why do you want to burn in hell? - right. So at first it took me some time to process that my own mother, who was supposed to be my example of what was socially right and in general, was dating someone of the same sex as her. It confused me. To the point I had to sit down with her and made her explain to me what was going on and how was it possible.

"There's nothing wrong with liking someone other than just a man. Who other than yourself determinantes what's best for you? And what makes you happy, that is important. If you're going to have someone by your side, that someone have to love you and make you feel good about yourself, you have to give that in return, but happiness and acceptance is important, if you're not happy what's the point? People usually miss the point. I know- I know you're confused and I'm supposed to teach you what's right- and what's not, but this is not wrong, wrong is actually thinking what others do, thinking this is some kind of crime, making you feel miserable and bad about yourself for liking someone of the same sex. Look baby, it's okay to be different. That's what actually makes you who you are, being yourself, that's your super power, there's no one like you out there, you're unique, and that's your superpower. Do whatever you want, it has to be legal okay?" She laughed, making me smile, "decide what's best for you, and I'm going to be here, supporting every step of the way, and guiding you through it all. I know this is fucked up for you, because I mean, I like women...I like a woman...And I want you to see it as a normal thing, because that's what it is, it's different, but it's not wrong or anything. About me and Sam, there's nothing wrong with that, you like what you like, and I feel better with her than with any other person I've ever been with, I'm not asking you to accept it right away, but respect my decision"

Those were some of the words my mom told me the day we talked about her relationship. I was so innocent. I didn't know what was going on. But after talking to her I felt good, I had the best mom ever. She was truly understanding, caring and very supportive.

So, back to the second asshole I dated. He pushed me to have sex with him. Disgusting. I wanted to have sex with a man, sometime, but when we entered that room I panicked. I thought I was ready, I thought, but then realized I wasn't, not even a bit. Yet he was horny and pushed me, but we didn't do anything, I ran away. It was one of the most frustrating things I've ever gone through. The amount of hate for men was building up inside of me. A year after I met someone else, he was cute. We dated for three months. But we broke up because he moved away. He didn't try to keep in touch or anything, he just moved away and that was it.

I was so into trying to fit in, into society, into what people liked, and accepted as "right". I missed the point. Just as my mom told me most of the people did.

After Marc, the guy who moved away, I stopped trying. I knew I would just end up hating them even more. But...on my last year of high school I met some guy, the one I lost my virginity to, he was sweet and understanding. What happened with Ryan was...He had a sister, and we shortly, became best friends. I felt more comfortable with her than I would with anybody else. I was still dating Ryan though. When it was time for me to move to college. We all did, Ryan, Jessica and myself. Different careers, same college and a messy first semester. Long story short I broke up with Ryan. We stayed as friends. One day I was over Jessica's dorm watching a movie and one thing led to another and we had sex- and I liked it. I was so confused. For Christmas I went to my mom's and explained everything, I knew she would get it and she would tell me what to do. I dated Jessica for six months, great months. Then I just started fucking girls around. I had one year left to finish college and I found myself, with Jessica again. She was there, still wanting me and I couldn't deny that I still wanted her too. So we were together for over a year. That was the longest relationship I've ever been in. When I graduated I ended every possible relationship I had- side chicks and all that. I wanted to be with myself. I still had my friends but nothing more. Jessica moved to another city and she eventually dated someone else and I think she's engaged, or -about to. We still text each other from time to time but anything else. It's not even close at what it was before, I sometimes I miss her and how great she was, I loved the attention she gave me, she was everything, such a beautiful, down to earth person, sweet and funny, yeah sometimes I miss her, and everything we had.

I met Dana in the process and she's been a big part of my life. We both agreed on not having a relationship, I couldn't do them, and she was okay with it. So we stayed as friends...with benefits. Some day she would come over to fuck me and the other she would come over with ice cream to watch rom-coms and cuddle but some others it'd just be wine and gossiping- we had our things and we knew how to make it work as a not-relationship type of thing. We were okay with it.

I woke up eyeing a place I was sure wasn't my house. I then glanced over to my side and saw Dana's bare back facing me. I stared at it for a couple of seconds traveling my eyes up and down stopping at the tattoo she had at the end of her lower back, it said "love" in French. That was so funny, I never understood why she did it there. But oh well...I liked the tattoos she had. She had a few here and there. You couldn't see them all easily, unless you saw her naked. I turned to her side bringing her closer to me kissing her neck and biting a bit on it. "Hmm-ah, good morning" she said with her eyes still closed.

"Plans for today?" I asked whispering in her ear and then rested my chin on her shoulder. "Brunch, shopping, sex, dinner, movies" she groaned moving her hand over the side of my leg. "Why won't we have breakfast? It's like...ten in the morning maybe?" I asked confused. "I'm sleepy, you're gonna cuddle me for a couple of hours" she turned over positioning herself on my chest getting a leg in between mines. "Alright then- but after dinner-" "We are probably gonna go for it again, and then on Sunday I may want to drive you to your house" she said and I laughed a little. "Ha! Pretty and funny, you're great" I said sarcastically. "You got yourself the best" she said I rolled my eyes before closing them and, again, falling asleep.

______

Vote and comment 👅