1

Jennifer's POV.

Today has been a stressful day, I have never been more stressed, at least not this month. I've had so many patients, it's like I didn't realize I got set these amount of appointments for the same day. Their cases aren't that similar and it's seriously disturbing. I think the problem was me, I wasn't in the mood. That's not the usual me, I'm actually a very patient person. I'm sweet and kind, I know how to listen to what people have to say and I surprisedly always have an answer to everything. I'm analytical, very determinate and outgoing.  It's just that sometimes I'd rather stay at home and just be with myself. I like being with myself rather than having to deal with someone else, as in- a relationship. I have my job, which I'm pretty great at doing it. I'm not like millionaire, but I'm good, economically speaking. I have a nice house and a cute ass dog. He's big and so I can cuddle him sometimes, I actually do, and he actually allows me to do it, he's that big or I'm just too small. He's a labrador, and I swear he's the cutest dog I've ever met, his name is Beau and I got him right when I got out of college. I moved and I got him right after. Two days after I moved here. That's all I ever wanted, and I have it, so I'm pretty much proud of myself and the things I've accomplished. I can walk around the house on my underwear and sometimes I don't even bother to put it on,  if that ain't goals...

I have a secretary, I hired her once I knew I couldn't handle all this stress by myself. I needed to make schedules and take appointments, and I wasn't capable of doing everything at the same time. I got myself in an I-can't-do-this-anymore phase and I seriously thought that was going to be the end, but it was a small breakdown, I survived.

Today was so crazy, like so crazy- I nearly screamed at some of my patients, and well, that wasn't going to be so professional from me, I held it and tried to calm myself, so so so badly. I'm not quite sure what could've happened to me and I was hoping the next day would be better.

I drove my black Audi inside my garage and then got out closing the door. I walked inside the house looking for the only thing I'm always looking forward to seeing, my big boy Beau. As soon as he saw me he ran to me and almost made me fall, he's so big, and heavy.

"How's my boy?" I said petting him. That dog means absolutely everything to me.

After that I went for a shower and then fixed myself some dinner. It was only Monday, I had a long and stressful week ahead and I needed to, seriously, take it easy, I wouldn't let this get over me...Again.

-

The next morning I woke up and put on a pencil skirt with a cotton shirt that was tucked inside the skirt. I slid my heels on and walked to my car. On my way to my office I picked an iced tea and a fruit salad.  It was nice and sunny outside and I was thankful, days like this made me feel good.

"Good morning, Brenda" I smiled brightly at my secretary who was typing something on her computer. "Good morning Dr. Lopez" she smiled back at me and I got inside my office. I sat down letting my bag fall into the floor and turning my laptop on. I started eating my salad and glanced at my phone checking the time. It showed 8:45...so I had fifteen minutes before my first patient would come through. Ahh, by the way I haven't mentioned it, but I'm a psychologist, a social psychologist to be specific, but I treat it all, basically. I graduated from college almost five years ago, so I've been here ever since, well, not really... My dad's gift to me was the option of getting my own office, so he basically set everything for me to start working as soon as I got out of college. He actually believed it would happen that easily, poor thing. I spent over a year trying to figure things out. I worked for some other psychologists and so I kind of got patients from them, oops. They liked how I was and how I handled things so, that's when my own things started working. Over a year and a half later.