28

Leah's POV

"Yeah, I totally get that, but I'm just wondering when will I be able to move in my new apartment?... Mhmmm... What the...? I'm not complaining! I'm just asking because I've been living in a hotel suite for over two weeks already and I kinda need my own place, that's all...Mhm, okay...Thank you very much" I finally hung up and rolled my eyes the hardest. People piss me the fuck off. Like I was actually being nice to that lady but I guess she was not having a good day and payed her shit on me. How frustrating...Anyways, let's do a catch up, shall we? After that situation at work, I finally got the papers and so I could get them in few others companies. I did, and 2 out of 4 contacted me back, one out of two was my absolutely favorite option. I was so happy. It took like a month and a half. The moment I got the call I started getting my things ready. The day after I drove all the way here for an interview and I got an answer later on the day. I was getting a better workplace, better position, better salary, and people seemed to be nice and mind their own damn business. I was happy that I was getting a chance to start over. I didn't end things with the girl at the office, we still got to see each other on weekends. She was so cute, and I somehow missed her and it made me realize I could got something there, I mean, maybe while I was trying to get Jennifer's attention, I just needed to focus on the girl at the office. But yet again, she made things very clear, both of them actually. The point is we were getting a little cozier, and that made me feel great, I loved the fact that even though I had no one at all, I had her there for me, it was like a fictional thing because sometimes we would talk about things that I wish we were doing instead of just simply saying such a thing as "if you were here, I'd probably be kissing your lips nonstop" that kind of things. I sometimes wished we would be doing it instead of just saying it. "I wish you were here" was my least favorite phrase, because for as much as I loved the feeling of being desired by someone that way, it kind of made me feel that things weren't going to be happening that way. But we were working things out somehow and I could feel how things were actually getting...hmm, I'm not sure what word to use but maybe serious, yeah things were getting serious, I guess.

I loved my job and my workplace, there was like two bitches, and I knew I had to watch out, but the rest was the nicest people and I just loved it.

Even though I've moved on the whole Jennifer situation, I sometimes got her running across my head. Sigh. But things happen for a reason, so let's say I was okay, I had a nice job, I wasn't complaining about it, I had a thing going on with a girl, and I was currently waiting for my apartment to be ready, they were doing some remodeling and I'd have to be living in a hotel for about three weeks or so, they weren't specific. But it was all covered by the company so I was okay with it, I just needed an answer, a quick one. That's why I got yelled at through the phone by a frustrated lady.

Recently, my boss let us know how he felt about this whole "hiring new people" situation. He said it was a nice thing because the company was growing and stuff but then he mentioned how he felt we needed to "boost our confidence and be more productive" he wanted us to be happy doing our job and give our fullest. In my head, I laughed out loud, literally, that was ridiculous, I had to leave the conference room because I was cracking up, or well, I did once I left. I then asked a coworker and she explained the thing. It was ridiculous, I was happy and I was doing what I was supposed. I needed to work harder to get my promotion but it was happening eventually and I wouldn't have to deal with stupid people so I was okay, it wasn't going to be a living hell.

-

Today...was one of those days when I would wake up feeling tired, like I slept a lot but I didn't rest. I felt tired and even though I woke up just in time, I stayed in bed and eventually closed my eyes and when I opened them again I realized I slept for an hour, so of course, I was going to be late. I felt like I needed that hour of sleep.

I rushed to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I did my makeup and hair and then went for clothes. I put on a tight dark blue dress that hugged my body beautifully and then slid on some heels. I sprayed perfume on and then headed out. I was so late, ten minutes already. When I finally got to the office I was thirty minutes late already... My excuse IF someone asked? I was living in a damn hotel room, I mean...What's better than that? Best excuse ever.

Anyways... when I finally arrived to the office it was okay, nobody noticed. Things were alright and I smiled to myself. I walked to my office--- yes, I had an office, when I learned that, I literally shed a tear.

I turned my computer on and dropped my things there heading out to get some breakfast and coffee, much necessary. When I was back I noticed how people were walking to the elevator and it confused me then I saw Carl, a close coworker and I stopped him.

"Where are they going?" I pointed at the people walking out. "The meeting Mr. Martin was talking about the other day" "Oh it's happening today?" "It is...I was so into my emails. But oh well...time will go by faster this way...Are you coming?" "Yeah, I am..." I shrugged remembering I had anything else better to do, this was going to be fun.

I went to my office so I could look for my phone and then reapplied my lipstick.

As usual, I arrived a little delayed to the thing and when I was close to get inside I knew it had started because you could see some of the people from outside siting there and paying full attention to the front. Oh well. I finished my coffee and throw the cup on the trash can before straightening my dress and walking inside.

"And that's basically what we are going today" I heard a voice that made me froze and my feet felt so heavy I couldn't move. I stood there and I didn't know what to do, I couldn't look up and I wanted to go but I couldn't move. I took a deep breath and didn't even looked up. She continued talking clearly not noticing me, maybe she did...maybe she didn't, I wasn't sure I was just there. I walked to a corner and then I finally allowed myself to look up and there she was, looking as beautiful, hot and sexy as she only knew how to. Fuck. I bit my lip and I realized feelings I thought were gone and by far forgotten, were still there and ready to show up and start their usual routine, and I was probably going to end up fucked up. I still felt something for her. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Why? -- hmm fuck.

At some point she saw me, I'm so very sure of that, she noticed I was there. She stared at me for a few seconds and even stopped talking, but then she smiled and let her teeth bit her lip and continue talking now with a bright smile on. What was that supposed to mean? I smiled back, because her smile was extremely contagious and beautiful.

She did some exercises to some people and we stayed there for over an hour and a half, her voice was so beautiful I could literally listen to her talk about whatever, for hours. Then she started asking each person in the room their name and how they felt to be working at the company. That's when I felt my stomach dropping. I got so nervous. After like fifteen minutes she was close to get to me. She smiled and then made her way to me.

"Hi" she said sweetly. "Hey there" I replied. Her smile wouldn't fade. It was so cute and I could almost say she was happy to see me, surprised but happy. She then moved the microphone up to me and I had to say my name and all that stuff. I just spoke the truth because I actually liked the work I was doing and the workplace. After that she winked at me and continued talking but she stayed where I was for a little, maybe twenty minutes. She then walked to the stage and closed the whole conference. It worked, I was happier and excited, but it was because I was actually seeing her.

People started leaving and I just stayed at the corner I was since the very beginning. She was still smiling. She picked her stuff and was the last one -not counting me- to left.

When she walked to the door, which I was super close to, she stopped and looked at me with her beautiful and bright brown eyes.

"Are you gonna stay there?" She asked and then bit her lip innocently. "Maybe" I replied. "Wanna go grab lunch?"she suggested and I felt the whole zoo inside my stomach. We were interacting after so long, and it felt so great.

"Sure, I'd like that" I said and she nodded smiling.

______

OOOHHHHHHHHH
SHIIIIIIIITTTTTRTTTTT

if u don't vote I won't update *shrugs*

vote and comment.