30

Jennifer's POV

"Leah?" I was shook, literally. I couldn't believe this was happening, I'd love to say she was the last person I was expecting to see but the truth is, she was exactly the person I wanted to see at that exact moment. That was kind of super crazy.

She smiled and after some seconds of my eyes being winded and my jaw probably somewhere near the floor I composed myself and then the bartender handed me my drink which I drank half of it right away without thinking twice about it.

"How did you know where I was?" I asked still a bit blown away by this. "Don't flatter yourself, it's not like I just creeped on you just to know where you were staying- I didn't know" oh there was that annoying smart mouth, she was cute though so let me just...

"Oh okay then what are you doing here?" "Ugh..." she complained and sipped from her drink, "long story short I've been living in this hotel for over two weeks, my apartment is not ready...yet...so I'm staying here" she said and I nodded. "Oh I see...well this is a great surprise, I was so worried to have a drink all by myself, I'm glad you're here" I said smiling and she smiled looking at her glass that was in between her arms, she was just staring at it.

"You okay? You seem a little...off, I don't know maybe it's me" "I am" she replied softly, still not looking at me. I nodded and sipped from my drink. "Shall we move to a table?" She suggested all of the sudden and I smiled. "That sounds like a perfect idea" I grinned and she did too standing up. "I like your dress, and your shoes" I said kindly, "I like you" she said under her breath but I could hear it, oh god. I just giggled nervously not being sure what to say. "Thank you, your outfit is pretty beautiful also" she said walking in front of me.

We walked over a table and then we sat down in front of each other, so in here, she didn't have many choices, she had to look at me, and I could easily admire her beauty.

Three drinks deeper and we were already talking about relationships, it wasn't directly about any of us, but we were talking about relationships.

"So yeah, I don't know about that, I just know I kind of suck at distance relationships, I hate not being close to that one person, like...what's better than having that significant other beside you so you can touch it and kiss it and - you know" she motioned her hand and shrugged. "Right...I have never been in one but knowing how needy I can get sometimes, that'd be hell" "Exactly! That's what it feels like sometimes" "Are you in one?" I asked being curious. "Mhmm- well, kinda, I'm not sure" she shrugged and sipped from her drink. "But still, just trying to make some stuff work having miles away from each other, suck, but I try though" she finally said. Hmm. I felt something when she said she was in a relationship even though it was not official. "How about you? You still with that girl?" She asked and it was awkward for some seconds. "Y-yes, we are still together" I said shyly and she nodded and finished her drink placing the glass on the table loudly and calling the waitress right away.

We both ordered drinks once again. "This is my last one, I feel tipsy already" I said and sipped on it. "Hmm, this is just so yummy, how come" I said and she nodded. "I know right? And okay, after this we are going to sleep. The funny part is that I have to work tomorrow and I'm probably going to regret this lot of drinks" she shrugged and drank from her glass making me laugh.

After that drink we actually left, I was impress by my self-control right there. Her room was practically close to mine, we were at the same floor at least.

"I'll have to go to work tomorrow with a terrible headache, I feel it coming" she said and pouted. "I have a conference tomorrow- what if I forget all the things I'm supposed to say, oh my lord this was a bad idea" I said and made a face. "Oh shut up- everything is going to be fine." She said and moved her hand to the lower part of my back and then moved her head to my shoulder resting it there, that was an attempt to hug me. She tried though.