38

Leah's POV.

It's finally Monday and to be honest I was a little excited-nervous to meet my dad, again, after I don't know how many years. But it had been many and I didn't even know how to start a conversation with him. It was finally time for lunch and I drove over the restaurant my dad told me he would be at.

I parked and finally walked out of my car. I took a deep breath and walked inside the restaurant and it wasn't too hard to spot him, the place wasn't that full. I walked towards the table and stood right bedside it taking my sunglasses off. "Hey dad" I said, and my voice was trying to crack, it was so hard for me to get the words out. I have no idea why.

"Leah...you look so beautiful" he said with teary eyes. Oh great. I gave him a side smile and he moved closer to hug me. I let him. But I didn't like...hug him back.

"How are you? Please sit down" he told me and we both sat down. "I'm okay, how are you?" "I'm doing good. How's work?" He asked. He was trying so hard. "It's alright also...Why would you want to meet up with me? After so long...I don't understand" I told him straight forward and he sighed. "Well- there's actually a reason...as I told you before I'm always checking on you, I have my people constantly checking on you, even though you don't know that, well, you didn't. Months ago I was told I had some weird ass disease, it's not that I'm going to die or anything, because there were actually meds that helped with it, but it made me realize how at any time now I could just...you know...die....at some point and I have things, I have a lot of things out here, in the industry and I've worked so hard to keep it all and make it successful as it is." I was shocked. He couldn't die. I didn't care about anything else, he couldn't die. Mom already left...

He sighed and continued. I was just listening carefully. "Since you're the only one who's actually wanted to meet with me, I'm just going to go ahead and put everything in your name." He said leaving me speechless. Too. Much. Information.

"Wow...okay...are you alright?" I asked, clearly concerned. "Yes, I am doing a lot better, I just wanna get things ready, just in case, at some point, we don't know what's gonna happen so" "Yeah I get it, what do I have to do?" "Well, for now just sign some papers, you're gonna be getting soon, you can read then and ask me whatever you need to about them, then I'd really love for you to start working at my company again" he said and my expression changed. "But-" "Yes I know you're loving what you're currently doing but please, the building is not even that far from here" "Yeah I know where the building is- the thing is, I already moved here, I can't spend my life moving every three months." "I know that but this would be like...a long term thing" he said and I nodded, just thinking about it. "Well- I really need to think about that, I will read the papers and then I'll sign them, we'll see about the moving thing, I haven't even got my apartment here, I mean.." I looked at him and made a face, "yeah I know you're living in a hotel" he shrugged making a funny face. "Yeah, tragic" "How are things going? Any girl?" He asked and I frowned. "Now you're okay with me liking girls?" "I don't have many choices, do I?" He said, "it's not worth it stressing over something you can't change, let it be or move on" he said making me look up at him, absolutely and incredibly shocked. "Just the truth, it's weird to have the power to change something or someone, they're just like that, lucky if you can, but I don't really want to, if you're happy like this" he said and I smiled. "I am okay, thank you" I said, "I'm not officially seeing anyone but I'll let you know, are you still living in the same place?" "Yeah I am, you should visit sometime, I made some changes and it's looking pretty nice" "I'll go around soon" I finally said and he smiled.

-

"Please...just think about it, read it and think about it...you wouldn't have to worry about a place to live, I got you covered" he insisted. "Dad, I'll think about it, relax. I'll call you soon, take care" I said and gave him a quick hug before walking to my car.

I went back to the office and by six I was already leaving to my hou- hotel room. I was dead. When I got there I got a shower and then ate dinner in bed. Before closing my eyes I looked for my phone and noticed, that it was almost dying, and that I had an enormous amount of messages from Jennifer. Damn it I totally forgot. The last one was just a few minutes ago, so I plugged my phone into the charger and called her on FaceTime.

"Baby, I'm so sorry" I said as soon as she picked the call. "It's okay, you were busy I guess" "I was!!!! Oh my god if I told you, my dad- Jen, he's crazy, some stuff happened today...he asked me to go back to work with him and he-" "I broke up with Jessica" she said cutting me off. What the fuck? I was actually waiting for this moment but...I didn't know how to react. She didn't sound so convinced, you could even tell she was...sad? Or upset. I was not sure. "That's what I was trying to tell you, but damn, if you let talk" "Oh.... " I looked at her in shock. "I'm sorry" I said and she frowned. "Don't be...I'm okay, we are okay." She said and ran her hand through her hair. "Really?" I narrowed my eyes. "Mhmm" she said and she was doing something. She wasn't looking at me. "what now?" I asked... I wasn't sure how to handle the situation. "I don't know, I guess I need time, I wasn't expecting her to be this okay with the situation, I lowkey knew she wanted this to end..." "Okay, time to do what exactly?" I asked. "To think about things! I don't know, I'm overwhelmed I guess, I'm not sure" she said laying down and fixed her phone so she wouldn't need to use her hand to hold it. "Tell me about your dad, how did that go?" "Are you okay though?" I insisted. "Yes, Leah, I am, now tell me about your dad" I made a face and nodded. "You can talk to me if you need to, about whatever it is. Okay?" I said and she nodded. "Okay well-"

And I started telling her everything. She eventually felt sleepy, she was tired and she just wanted to rest, we both were and so I wouldn't argue her that, I wanted to sleep also. It had been a long day for both of us.

About Jennifer breaking up with her girlfriend, I had no idea how to feel about it, like...I was happy? I felt relived? Not truly sure...

Even though I didn't know how the breaking up thing went, there was something not okay, Jennifer seemed to be affected by it. She said otherwise, but I was pretty sure there was something going on with her and the whole situation.

I mean deep inside I knew I was happy, I somehow had some sort of opportunity with her I guess? But I wasn't sure and doubt was killing me. I guess I needed to wait to see her on the weekend. This distance thing was killing me and we were just a few hours apart such a thing as getting on a car, driving a few hours and I would at her house or my-...hotel. Worst thing ever, distance was the worst thing ever.

_________

Vote!!!!!!!