Chapter 5

*Dan's point of view*

      "Dan! Answer me, Dan"

      "Please be okay..."

      I woke up in a hospital bed with tons of needles stuck in my arms. It was dark, and the clock read 3:27. I rubbed my eyes and looked over. Phil was sitting there, asleep.

      I closed my eyes for one second, and it was 9:18. Phil was playing on his phone. I propped myself up and mumbled, "What'sgoingon?"

      Phil dropped his phone. "Dan, you're awake!" He jumped up and gave me a huge hug.

      "Why am I here?" My eyes dropped to several tubes connected to my arm. They stitched up my cuts as well.

      "I heard a large crash come from the bathroom. I called your name several times, thinking you'd just accidentally dropped something, but you never responded. I ran into the bathroom to see you unconscious, surrounded in a pool of your own blood. I'd never been so scared for you in my entire life.

      "I stayed by your side as much as I could. Obviously, I wasn't allowed into the operation room, but besides that, I've been waiting for you to wake up. The doctors said that you had gone into a coma from all the blood loss. They said it could be anywhere from a day to a week."

     "How long has it been?" I was concerned now.

      "... It's been three weeks..."

      "And you've been here the entire time?"

      "Yeah. I mean I've had to use the bathroom, but I've been here to rest of the time. The nurses had to bring me food and water everyday because I wouldn't budge from this spot."

     "Why would you do that?"

     "It's because your my best friend, and I love you."

      "I love you too, Phil."