Chapter 17

*Dan's point of view*

      Ann looked so beautiful. The second she walked outside, my breath was taken away. I was so lucky to have her.

      When we had gotten onto the London Underground, I interlocked our fingers. She rested her head on my shoulder, and I smiled.

      We exited the Underground and walked towards Buckingham palace. We let go of each others' hand, so we could walk faster. The next thing I knew, Ann yelped.

      "What happened? Are you okay?" I quickly asked.

      "Someone just grabbed my butt," she whispered.

      I turned around to see a teenage guy chuckling. "The fuck you think you're doing mate?"

      "She looked like she needed a bit of action," the guy replied.

      I grabbed him by the collar and said, "Don't you ever lay your filthy hands on my girl again." I tightened my grip on him.

      He gulped. "I won't. I won't. Please let me go."

      "Not until you've learned your lesson."

       "Dan, it's fine. He won't do it again. Let's go." Ann put her hand on my shoulder.

       "Fine." As soon as I let go, the teenage guy ran as fast as he could.

       I turned to Ann. "I'm sorry. I just got really jealous."

      "It's okay. Let's just go on our date." She smiled at me.

      I slipped my arm around her waist and pulled her to me. I took her to several generic tourists places like the Shakespeare Globe. She was in awe the whole time, and it was so adorable. I've never seen this side of her, and I'm so glad that I was able to.

      The sun was beginning to set, and we still had one last thing to do: The London Eye. I didn't tell her that we were going there, but as soon as she noticed where we were going, she got the hugest smile on her face.

      "Are you kidding me, Dan? I've always wanted to go." You could hear the excitement in her voice.

      "I know. You tweet about it all the time," I chuckled.

      We got on the London Eye. As soon as we reached the top, it stopped. They announced that they were having some technical difficulties.

      "Well, at least we get to see the beautiful sunset up here," Ann said.

      "I also get to see it next to the most beautiful girl in the whole world."

      "I'm not beautiful," Ann said quietly.

      I took both of her hands and held them. "Yes, you are. Don't think otherwise."

      "Dan, stop. You're lying not only to me but to yourself."

      "Ann," I brushed back her hair. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. The only person that's lying here is you."

      "Please, Dan."

      "I'm not going to say otherwise because I'm not a fan of false facts."

      The London Eye started moving again. Ann took a deep breath and pulled her hands away. "I want to go home now."

      "Why? It's only been a couple of hours, and I still haven't taken you to dinner."

      "Please... stop."

      "...Okay."

      As soon we got off, we headed to the Underground. Ann didn't speak to me the entire way back which made me wonder what on earth did I say wrong.

      We reached her house. Before I could kiss her goodbye or even say goodbye, she escaped behind her front door.