Chapter 11

*Dan's point of view*

      My high school reunion was being held in one of those rent-able buildings in London. That was definitely the style of my school: renting a cheap building.

      When Ann and I walked inside, it was so beautiful. There was a chandelier and tables lined with fancy looking food and drinks. There was an epic DJ and dance floor set up. Even though it didn't start for another ten minutes, there were already so many people there. Everyone was dressed up nicely that I barely recognized anyone.

      As more and more people started to come in, I could see old cliques starting to form, but none of my old friends were here. I looked at Ann. She was looking all around her in awe of everything going on. God, she was beautiful.

      Ann and I danced so much together. It was so amazing being with her. Sometimes, my old classmates would come up to me, and we'd had some small talk. I think the only reason I had fun was because Ann was with me.

      "Ann, I'm going to go get us some drinks," I told Ann.

      "Okay."

      I left Ann and went to go get some drinks. While I was getting some, one of my old friends showed up.

      "Dan, is that you?" Kyle asked.

      "Kyle?" We hugged. "Man, it's been ages since we've last seen each other."

      "I know right. Hey, I saw you dancing over there with that girl. Is she your girlfriend?"

      "Oh that's Ann, and no she's not my girlfriend."

      "Are you sure about that? I mean you should see the way you look at her and the way she looks at you. I've never seen anything like it."

      "I mean I would date her, but I don't think she likes me like that."

      "Trust me. She does. Well, I'm going to go back to my girlfriend. Good luck."

      I walked back over to Ann and handed her a drink. She thanked me, and we kept dancing. Before I knew it, the reunion was over.

      Ann and I soon arrived back at the apartment. Phil was already asleep, so we had to be quiet going back inside.

      "I had a great time, Dan. Thanks so much for inviting me."

      "It was really fun, and I couldn't have imagined anyone else to take." She blushed at that.

      "Am I making you blush now?" I playfully asked.

      "Maybe." Her cheeks got even redder.

      "So if I held your hand, would that make you blush more?" She was blushing so hard.

      "Dan, stop it." She giggled.

      "Oh I know. What if I did this?" I leaned forward and kissed her. This was definitely the most amazing thing ever.

      It was so soft and gentle. She was definitely the best person to kiss. I don't even know how to describe it. The best part was that I could feel the same electricity when our hands touched while we were getting coffee while I was kissing her.