Chapter 21

*Dan's point of view*

      After we got back from shopping, Ann and I ordered pizza and watched Buffy. We snuggled the whole time which made me feel a lot better after that fight. When we finished our pizza, we decided to go to my room.

      Ann lied down on my bed. "Dan, what are we doing?"

      I turned and faced her. "What do you mean?"

      "Are we friends or are we more than friends?"

      I sat down next to her. "We're more than friends." I looked her straight in the eyes. "I can't get you out of my head. I was heartbroken after our fight. I cried and cried because I thought that I had hurt you. I never want to hurt you. I want to be with you. I want to hold you like I'd loose myself if I let go."

      Ann's jaw dropped. She stared at me. "I... never knew you felt that way..." She looked so helpless.

      "Now you do." We laid beside each other in silence for a couple of minutes, and then I spoke again.

      "Ann, I would love it if you were my girlfriend." I turned my head to look at her.

      "You what?"

      "I want you to be my girlfriend, so would you want to?"

      She started blushing like she did before our first kiss. A sweet smile crept across her face. She tried to say something, but nothing came out.

      "If you don't close your mouth, you'll catch flies," I laughed.

      She started laughing too. She gave me a quick kiss and said, "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

      I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me. We interlocked fingers and stared into each others' eyes.

      God, she's beautiful. I just want to be with her. I could live without a lot of things, but she wasn't one of them.