Chapter 24

*Phil's point of view*

      Xander and I made our way to the bar and ordered our drinks. 

      When we sat down, he said, "Would you like to tell me why you were crying?"

      I took a sip of my drink. "Well, it's a lot of things..."

      "Is it Dan?"

      My heart stopped for a second when he said his name. I bit my lip and slightly nodded my head.

      "Does it have to deal with that girl that was in his latest video? What was her name?"

      "Ann. Ever since Dan met her, I just... feel so jealous. I mean, I don't know why I should. We broke up years ago..."

      "Wait, you two dated?!?!"

      I chuckled. "It wasn't obvious?"

      He exhaled loudly. "Wow. I never would have guessed."

      "I couldn't believe it either. He was... perfect. I thought he was the one I was meant to be with. No matter what I was going through, he made me happy, loved, special, and complete. No one had ever made me feel like that before. Every time I went out, I longed to come back because I knew Dan would be waiting for me."

      "Sounds like he was pretty special. Why did you two break up?"

      "I..." I felt tears forming. "I can't talk about it."

      Xander put his hand on top of mine. It made me feel secure just like how Dan did when he put his hand on top of mine.

      He look at me and said, "You don't have to tell me if that's what makes you the most comfortable. I just want you to feel safe."

      "Thanks." I glanced down at my watch to see that it was past 2 a.m. "I should probably go. It's late."

      "Would you like me to walk with you?"

      "I'd like that."

      Xander and I talked all the way back to my apartment. He was a really nice guy and definitely someone I wouldn't mind seeing again.

      When we got to my apartment, I asked if I could have his number.

      "I was going to ask you for yours actually." He awkwardly laughed.

      "So I'll talk with you later."

      "Sounds good."

      I kissed him on the forehead. "Bye Xander."

      He blushed and said, "Bye Phil."