Chapter 10

*Dan's point of view*

      After Phil and I had gotten back from suit shopping the day of the reunion, I texted Ann asking if she would like to be my date to my high school reunion. She said she would love to. I texted her our address and told her to be here by 5:00 at the latest.

      I finished putting on my tie and looked myself in the mirror. I could do this. It's just seeing my old classmates after a couple of years. No big deal. I sprayed some cologne, and I was ready for this.

      "Dan, Ann's here," Phil called up the stairway.

      "Tell her to come up here," I answered back.

      As soon as I saw Ann, I was blown away by how gorgeous she was. She wore the most beautiful black dress I had ever seen. Her hair was pinned up from her face and was curled. She wore a huge smile on her face. I was left speechless.

      "You look great Dan," Ann said as she walked towards me.

      "You look amazing. I don't even know how to describe how beautiful you look right now."

      She blushed so hard. "Stop it, Dan," she said playfully.

      "But you do. Oh by the way, this is for you." I handed her a corsage.

      "Oh my gosh, Dan. This is beautiful. Thank you so much." She gave me a big hug.

      "Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl." Her cheeks got so red when I said that.

      "Dan, if you don't leave now, you're going to be late," Phil called up the stairs.

      "Okay Phil, we're leaving."

      "I'm kinda nervous, Dan. What if your old high school friends don't like me?"

      "They'll love you, Ann. Now come on, we've got a train to catch."

      I grabbed her hand, and our fingers interlaced. It felt so right to hold her hand, but I didn't know if she felt the same. I looked down at her, and she smiled at me.

      We both knew at that moment this was right for us.