Chapter 8

Xiumin

"I wanted to tell you something," I say nervously. I was going to take Yoongi's advice and confess to her, no matter what consequences I will face. "Truc, we've been friends for a long time and I wanted to tell you that I-"

"Truc is that you?" Truc's mum comes out the front door and interrupts my confession. I close my eyes and groan. Out of all times she wanted to come out, it had to be then. I sigh.

"I'm sorry Xiumin but you should get going. You can tell me tomorrow, okay? See you tomorrow," Truc says and starts walking into her house.

"Bye," I say and slump shoulders and start walking home.

I rub the back of my head and sigh in frustration. Seriously! Out of all times her mum wanted to come out, she wanted to come out when I was about to confess.

I arrive home and quietly go to my room because my parents are asleep. I go to bed thinking about my whole day. I was so close to confessing to her. I sigh and roll around in my bed, frustrated with myself. I don't know when the next time I will have enough courage to confess to her again.

****

I woke up and I looked at the time. 8:00AM! Shit! I'm gonna be late for my bus. I might just make it if I skip breakfast. I was thinking about Truc all last night and I didn't get enough sleep. I didn't even turn my alarm on.

I jump out of bed and go to the bathroom and get ready for school. I rush around everywhere, trying to do multiple things at the same time. I quickly grab my school bag and tie my shoes and run to the bus stop.

Once I get to my bus stop, I just make it for the bus. I sigh in relief and enter it. I sit in the back of the bus and rest my head on the seat. I look over at my phone and I see that I have (3) missed calls from Truc and (2)messages from her. I chuckle and dial her number.

"Hello," I say once I hear her pick up the phone.

"Hey! Where were you on the bus this morning?" she yells. I pull the phone away from my ears as she starts screaming questions at me, asking me if I'm sick or not.

"I'm fine. Don't worry so much. I'm coming to school. I woke up late because I couldn't sleep well last night. I was thinking about stuff," I say.

"What were you thinking about that made you stay up all night? Was it what you were going to tell me last night?"

My eyes widen in shock. I wasn't expecting that question. She isn't usually the type to question much so I don't know why now.

"It's not much. I was just thinking about my science prac," I say, sighing in relief that I made up an excuse last minute.

"But didn't you tell me Mary hel-" I interrupt her quickly before she can say anything else.

"Oh! The bus is near the school. Gotta go," I say quickly mentally slapping myself for being so dumb. I quickly hang up the phone and put it in my pocket.

I sigh knowing that today is going to be a long day.