Chapter 23

Lynh

Truc, can you tell your sister to meet with me? I want to tell her something.

I look at the text and re-read over and over again, making sure I'm reading it right. Why would he want to meet up with me? What are you doing to my heart? Of course I want to get back with him but I know it won't feel the same as before.

"Do you want to meet up with him?" Truc says to me.

"I don't know if I should go. Should I?" I say quietly, biting my lip. Should I?

"You should go, he has to tell you something important," she says to me. She does have a good point but what if he's going to tell me something bad.

"But I have to take care of you," I say, mentally slapping myself for making up such a crap excuse.

"Don't use me as an excuse; I can take care of myself. Plus Xiumin's going to come over later. Just go." I nod and leave the room to get ready. I quickly tell her to text him about where to meet up and what time.

I go into my room and look through my closet. What should I wear? Should I wear something formal or casual? It's not a date I tell myself but I can't help feeling like it is. I decide that I will just wear something simple and casual. Were only going to drink bubble tea right?

I tell Truc I'm leaving and go into my car. I nervously drive to Chatime with my hands shaking. I put the radio on to distract myself from everything. Jung Joon-Il's song comes up and I instantly recognise the song.

FLASHBACK TO 1 YEAR AGO

"Lynh, you should listen to this song. My sister loves it," Hoseok says to me and grabs his phone to change the song.

For the past 2 weeks that I've been with Hoseok, we've been hanging out with each other and it's been really fun. My heart flutters every time he smiles and laughs. I'm slowly falling in love with him but I know I shouldn't. Once I leave, we'll lose contact and he'll move onto another girl.

Right now, we're at the park together talking about different things we like. We're both lying on our backs looking up at the blue sky whilst listening to music. He has one earphone in his ear and I have the other half.

"What's it called?" I say to him. I turn my head and see him looking for the song.

"It's Jung Joon-Il's song, 'Hug Me' " he says and plays the song. The song had a nice melody. I close my eyes and carefully listened to the song.

When the song finishes, I turned my head to look at Hoseok and see him already looking at me. I blush and quickly look away but before I do, he holds my face to look at him. My cheeks go even warmer and he pulls something out of my hair.

"You had some grass on your hair," he says to me. I awkwardly laugh and turn my head away.

"Lynh? I want to tell you something," he says and sits up with a serious expression. I sit up and turn to him.

"What's wrong?" I say with a worried tone.

"Lynh, for the past few weeks, I've had so much fun with you. More fun than I've had with anyone. You make my heart flutter every time you smile. You make my heart beat faster when you laugh at my lame jokes. You make me happy," he says and I look at him with a blank expression, knowing where this was going.

"I wanted to tell you, that I-I like y-you," he says with a small blush on his cheeks. My eyes widen and I can't explain how I feel right now. I don't know if I should feel happy that my crush is telling me he likes me or if I should feel sad because once I leave we won't see each other anymore.

"I don't know what to say," I look at him with wide eyes and I can see he's a bit disappointed at my reaction.

"It's fine if you don't like me," he says, he turns and looks the other way. He's about to continue on until I cut him off.

"I like you too but our age gap. Don't you think people will judge us?" I say with a worried tone. He sighs and grabs both of my hand into his.

"If you really like me, our age gap won't matter because it's just a number. A number telling you how many years you've lived but not with me," he says and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Promise me you won't ever let our age gap get in between us," he says and holds my hands to his chest. "Promise me."

"I promise," I regretted saying that once I said it. I know that I will become worried about this later but I got caught up in the moment. He hugs me and I rest my head on his chest with small tears falling down cheeks. I wipe them away telling myself to be stronger. To be stronger for him, my first love.

END OF FLASHBACK

I smile as the song ends along with the memory. I reach the store and see Hoseok at a booth near the back. He's playing around with his hand and is looking around the store. His eyes connect with mine and I start to slowly walk to him. I sit down across from him and look at him.

"Hey," I say and put my hands on the table.

"Thanks for coming, I really wanted to tell you something," he says to me and I nod.

"What is it that you need to tell me?" I say nervously looking down at my lap, playing with the bracelet on my wrist. 

"I still love you. Will you date me again?"