Chapter 7

Truc

"God, you're cute."

My eyes widen in shock and I stop walking for a moment. I feel my cheeks heat up and I slowly look down at my feet, avoiding his eyes. He grabs my face and pinches my cheeks. He chuckles and starts walking again. 'If only he knew how I felt' I say in my head. I jog up next him and whack the back of his head.

"You idiot. Tsk, why are you saying things like that?" I glare at him and he rubs his head.

"I'm being nice," he mutters. I laugh and cling onto his arm.

He makes random jokes all the way home and tells me about the girl in his science class that he saw at the convenient store.

"Mary's really good at science. She helped me write out my whole prac again," he says.

Mary? Where have I heard about her before? AH! The girl in my art class! Her drawings are amazing but I heard her personality is cold.

"I heard she's a really mean," I say.

"Really? She is really nice, you should talk to her. Isn't she in you art class? She showed me some of her drawings," he says. "They're really amazing, you should see them."

I feel a pang in my heart when he starts talking about another girl. Jealous is the right word I am feeling right now.

"Yeah, I have they're really good," I say quietly. We reach my house and stand in front of the gate.

"You should go in now, it's getting kinda cold," he says and ruffles my hair. I glare at him and slap his hand away.

"Yeah, you should go home as well. Your mum is probably wondering where you are right now." I poke his cheek and smile.

He starts to walk back to his house but then stops. He turns around and walks back to me.

"What are you doing?" I say in a confused tone.

"I wanted to tell you something," he says nervously. I nod for him to go on. "Truc, we've been friends for a long time and I wanted to tell you that I-"

"Truc is that you?" My mum interrupts. Xiumin closes his eyes and groans.

"I'm sorry Xiumin but you should get going. You can tell me tomorrow, okay? See you tomorrow," I say as I start to walk into my house.

"Bye," he says in a sad tone and starts walking home with slumped shoulders.

I wonder what he was going to tell me.