Chapter 18

I am floating on my back, taking in the warm pool water while Shane is still sleeping. Last night, the reception ended in a huge crying fit of humiliation with the ex, Allison, and Quinn's disappearing act a time or two. With Shane and Ryan's help, Quinn was captured and pulled into some memory making photographs; the bro-hugging and dancing of the three guys. As for me, I made sure I snapped all the incriminating evidence that I could.

When we returned to our private little paradise, Shane helped free my hair of all the Bobbi pins and unzipped my dress. Instead of retreating to allow me to have some privacy, he pulled out his cell phone to take a photo, and I blocked, but lost hold of my dress. As if it were the cue to proceed, he kissed me, which led to a long night of making love for the first time.

"Bombs away!" The body is lurched in the air, and it falls into the water before I can even move. I get sucked under in the commotion and surface, wiping the water out of my eyes. Shane emerges, wearing a smile and love smoldering in his tender blue eyes. "You didn't think I would let you have that much time alone, did you?"

"I was enjoying the peace." I laugh and swim over to him, splashing at him.

"You had plenty of enjoyment last night."

The warmth pools in my cheeks and the tips of my ears. Last night, I did enjoy having him teach me ways my body could react, and never knew it. We play around, splashing in the pool some more until the loud knock blasts through the room.

Shane's smile disappears as he climbs out and hustles across the room to answer it. His muscles tighten up in his back, and he closes the door. When he returns to me, he tries to put a smile back on his face, but he's fighting hard.

"Who was it?" I swim over and meet him in the middle of the pool where the rain isn't plunking on top of the warm water.

"Drama."

His arm wraps around my waist, and I am pulled tight to him. The top half of my suit is a tankini, and there is a zipper down the front. His free hand attacks and undoes the zipper until the front of my body is exposed. This time, I don't try to cover myself as he is already brutalizing my mouth with his with territorial kisses. There is no way I am stopping him either. My body has lava flowing through it, and I am desperate to have that explosive sensation he gave me last night, now.

It is a mad rush to have that pleasure of being connected again, and we are out of the pool, but in the hot tub. The intimacy is rushed, but that is okay. We have all day and night together in this perfect room. We stay together after the fireworks, and my body is exhausted once again. Instead of making our way to the bed, we remain at the tub.

When we finally depart, I go into the bathroom and shower. I scrub out the extra products from my hair and greet him in the room, already changed into a pair of beige shorts and a blue t-shirt. I slip into a pair of jean shorts and a deep purple blouse. Together, we walk out and head around to the front of the main lobby where we climb up in his truck and drive into the heart of Milwaukee.

The fancy restaurant is quiet, and it's already two in the afternoon. Taylor is nursing a headache while his wife is containing the three kids who are grossly involved in a handheld electronic game. Quinn is at the head of the table, his eyes darkened with anger while his new wife is in heavy conversation with the blonde beast.

We take the two open seats at the end of the long table, and Shane's hand slips into mine under the table. He leans closer to me, his lips barely brushing against my cheek.

"I can't wait to get you back to our room."

My heart is in a hurry to get to top speed, and the heat is already pooling together in my lower belly, wanting him and thinking of the two times that craving had been filled by him.