Chapter Twelve

You become unaware of your actions when you start to care for her...

•••

Chapter Twelve

[Kayden's POV]

"KUYA!!!" Cassy screamed and made her way to greet me with her warm big hug pagpasok ko sa bahay. "Sobra kitang na miss. I hate to be left with uncool brothers. Alam mo namang ikaw lang ang kasundo ko," she added burying the soft of her cheek in my chest.

"I miss you too, sweetheart. Hindi ka ba naglalambing dahil may ipapakiusap ka na naman?" I laughed and pulled her into a tight embrace too, kissing her head.

She whacked my chest. "Hindi kaya. I just miss you. You know how the house is kapag si Kuya Elj, si Mikho at si Rafael ang nandito," I felt her pout her lips.

"Nandito si Mikho?"

Bahagyang napahiwalay si Cassy. "Oo."

"Was he allowed to leave the seminary?" napakunot noo kong tanong.

Tumango si Cassy at bahagyang natawa. "Ngayon lang Kuya kasi birthday mo. Napakiusapan niya si Father Ben," she said and looked at me meaningfully.

"Don't look at me like that."

She rolled her eyeballs and laughed out loud. " I could almost imagine your face right now, Kuya. Mikho telling you to redeem from your sin and stop sinning. Kundi ako nagkakamali kaya ka ginabi ngayon dahil galing ka na naman sa isa sa mga babae mo?"

"Please don't say bad words, Cas," I snorted.

Mas lalo siyang natawa. " Ngayon palang mangumpisal kana para hindi ka mabudburan ng holy water mamaya ni Father Mikho."

I smiled and shook my head saka ko inakbayan si Cassy. " I might need more than just holy water, sweetheart. I'm beyond redemption right now."

"Mabuti alam mo. Tsaka, lagot ka kay mommy, galit iyon sa'yo."

Sandali akong natigilan. "What why? Nakahabol naman ako. Nagtatampo parin ba siya?"

"Medyo pero hindi lang iyan ang kasalanan mo."

"What?"

"Halika. You have a lot of explaining to do," she said and pulled me with her to the pool area.

EVERYONE was busy doing their thing when we reached by the pool. Mom was at the gazebo preparing dinner with dad along with Veronica. Mikho and Rafael were grilling some meat beside the pool kasama si Bleeze na karga karga si Bubble. Si Kuya ay nasa porch at may kung sinong kausap sa telepono. Wala ang mga kasambahay namin dahil Sunday.

I breathed out heavily as I watched them with relief. After a long and tiring week, I guess, this was all I need and I'm good. Pakiramdam ko biglang nawala lahat ng pagod ko nang makita ko silang lahat.

"Nandito na si Kuya!" Cassy announced cheerfully. Natigilan silang lahat at napatingin sa'kin. Judging from their look, I guess, there was something that I was missing. Lalo na si Mommy, ang sama ng tingin sa'kin. I'd probably need to pass by her last.

I patted Cassy's head. "Can you help me out a little?"

"You're all by yourself now, Kuya," Cassy answered chuckling saka nagtuloy-tuloy sa gazebo. Sinalubong naman ako ni Bleeze with our little angel watching me with awe. I guess this little one missed me too. She seems too happy to see me. May pinagmanahan din itong pamangkin ko.