Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

The best relationships are the ones you never saw coming...
•••

[Fia's POV]

My shoulders were shaking and my eyes were blinded with tears as Kayden sauntered to my side, his moistened eyes fixed on mine. His eyes that always know what I feel. His eyes that speak to me now of how much he loves me.

"Kay-den..." I muttered softly, my voice shaking.

Though I was weak and strictly in complete bed rest ay sinikap ko na bumangon agad. I was about to jump into his arms when he caught me with his and shut me into a tight embrace. Sobrang mahigpit na mahigpit ko rin siyang niyakap at tuluyan na akong napahagulhol. I hardly buried my face against his chest, taking into my senses his homey and incomparable warmth, his subtle comfort, his all too familiar scent, his heavy breathing, his erratic heartbeat, his everything. God, but I missed him so much. Infinity would even fall short to describe how long a day was without him. I felt like I've been starved of food for a very long time and found sweet relief at last that he was here now in flesh. Ang sarap sarap sa pakiramdam na kayakap ko na siya ngayon. It felt so surreal and wonderful and sublime. Nothing in the world I can compare with.

I was finally home, shut inside his arms.

I cried while I felt his lips on top of my head. His warm hands wander soothingly at my back, making me feel an overflowing feeling of happiness and contentment.

"Babe...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." sabi niya sa garalgal na boses. I could feel his shoulders shaking. "I should have never left you here last night...I should have stayed by your side and our baby's..." He moved his head and rested his forehead against mine and I closed my eyes, feeling each of our tears streaming down our cheeks. "Forgive me, babe... I was just so scared. I was scared na baka pag gising mo sabihin mong hindi mo ako mahal... That I was nothing but a lame version of my brother, a nobody that doesn't even fall close to your dream guy. I'm sorry because I've thought of you that way...I'm sorry because I fall short of trusting your love for me... I knew you do but my insecurities were larger than life...I let my fears take over me..." He left a hand on my back and took one of my hands from his side and brought it to his quivering lips. "I'm sorry if I'm inadequate. I may not be perfect, babe, but know that I will always strive to give you the best of everything. Mahal na mahal kita, Fia. Sobrang mahal na mahal. You started to become my life even before you knew that I love you. And you will always be my life... Then and forth. You and our baby. Both of you are the ones that matter to me now... "

I shook my head at bahagya akong humiwalay sa kanya. I lifted my free hand to cup his face to look at me. Our eyes locked and my heart aches at how poor he looked with his pained eyes. He looked like he didn't sleep for ages and his skin was pale. But despite these, he still was so gorgeous. He always will be in my eyes.

I softly ran my hand to his stubbles, going up to his cheeks and brushing his tears with my fingers, my eyes never leaving his. Inangat rin niya ang isa niyang kamay. He traced my cheeks and dried my tears too.

I swallowed to clear the painful lump in my throat saka ako nagsalita. " You don't have to say sorry and there is nothing to forgive...Hindi ka nagkulang sa'kin. You have shown me more than enough love, darling... A-ako ang hindi nagtiwala sa pagmamahal mo... I should have trusted you pero natakot ako na baka panandalian lang ako para sa'yo. That maybe I'll pass like the girls that you had before. Na baka totoo yung mga litratong natanggap ko na may kasama kang ibang babae...na baka ipinagpalit mo ako kay Bella... I saw you kissed her and I let my jealousy took over..." Napailing-iling muli ako.