Last Chapter

Chapter Forty-Six

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person...

Mignon Mclaughlin
•••

[Fia's POV]

My Baby,

I've always dreamed of giving you a letter ever since we were kids but failed. I've lost count how many letters I've written just to express how sorry I am for making you cry every time I pissed you off. I tried handing them to you, all of it, but I fall short of bravery. I was afraid that you won't take them or you won't read them like how you'd read the letters of my brother. I've watched how your beautiful eyes glow and glimmer with sheer delight every time he hands you his letters. I was scared that I won't see the same vibe from your eyes once you read mine. There were even times that I would only look at you from afar while you read his letters and I couldn't help but envy. How I wished I could also put a smile on your cute little lips or could arouse a giggle out of that pretty awesome mouth.

And so I made this letter to bring life to that frustration. Pagbigyan mo na ako, babe. If you want, I still have my old sorry letters for you along with my sorry gifts but those were so childish. Baka pagtawanan mo lang ako.

I only have little things here that I wanted to tell you...

Natatandaan mo pa ba ng unang beses mo akong nilapitan nung mga bata pa tayo? You looked so adorable wearing your cute little pink dress at that time while holding a box of chocolate cupcakes. I even thought you were the loveliest thing I ever laid eyes on. Nang araw din nayun unang nagsimula ang pang-aasar ko sa'yo. I guess, it started because that little version of you pissed the little me. I didn't like that you gave me your cupcakes just because I told you that my brother won't like them. I was jealous, babe. And to tell you frankly, I still did not fully understand that feeling by then.

Patawarin mo ako kung nagsinungaling ako nun. I lied that your cupcakes weren't the best-tasting ones. Truth was, they were the best tasting cupcakes I ever tasted in my life. They tasted just like you. Delightful and tempting. Sweet and mouthwatering. Heavenly and addictive.

Forgive me also for since that day ay hindi na kita tinigilang asarin. It's the only way I knew how to get to you. Sa tingin ko kasi sa pang-aasar ko lang mo ako pinapansin. Pasensiya kana because I was just a kid and you're really cute when you're pissed, lalo na pag naniningkit ang bilog mong mga mata. You have no idea how lovely you look every time you bat those beautiful annoyed eyes at me. Until now, you still fascinate me with those eyes. And even until now, I couldn't get enough looking at those eyes.

Tears came out of my eyes and I have to blink and look up to stop them. I was more than surprised that he had childhood letters for me, too.

I dried my eyes and continued reading.

Mahal na mahal na mahal kita, Fia. Sobrang mahal na mahal na wala akong ibang naiisip araw-araw kundi ang buhay na kasama ka. I do not wish to be apart from you. And I have no other dream right now than having to spend the rest of my life with you and our future kids. I look forward to our days sleeping and waking into each other's arms. I look forward to more mind-blowing lovemaking and wet kisses from you. I look forward to growing old with you and raising our kids with the home that we both dreamt of sharing. I look forward to living our lives together through the good and the bad. And I look forward to being with you until my very last breath.