Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty- Seven

You render me defenseless body, mind, and soul...

•••

[Kayden's POV]

I struggled to bring air into my lungs while listening to her sobs. I tried to breathe in and out heavily to alleviate the heaviness inside my chest but it didn't help.

I walked towards her room and carefully deposited my body with her on her bed. I cradled her little frame and I started to gently rub her back and stroke her hair. I closed my eyes, inhaling a taste of her heavenly scent. She made a mewling sound at lalo pang isiniksik ang ulo niya sa leeg ko. Her hot tears flowed on my skin. I wanted to wipe them off but I'm afraid of how much hurt I would see in her eyes so I let her face rest against it.

I knew she was with my brother. I asked Cassy how'd the dinner go. She told me everything. I wanted to be there too pero alam kong hindi talaga ako papapasukin ni Mommy. I decided that I'd wait for her outside. I had my truck parked nearby, sa kantong hindi madadaanan ni Kuya. I had been contemplating last night if I'd tell her about what I feel for her. Hindi ako nakatulog sa kakaisip kung pa'no ko sasabihing mahal ko siya. But damn, how am I going to tell her now? I might only hear things worst than what I already expect to hear.

She sniffed and I felt her head move up. I fastly blinked my eyes to hide my tears. I wasn't even aware that my eyes were moistening.

"Kayden..." she whispered. Her beautiful almond-shaped eyes cloaked with pain. Sa klase ng titig niya, alam ko na ang gusto niya. She wants me. She'd use me again. My mind was already rebelling at the thought. I want her too. I've always wanted her, so bad it kills me inside. She had been like a drug to me. A potent drug that could make me crazy anytime if withdrawn. Or was I already crazy? Hell, I think I am. I am crazy about her and it pains me that her desire only points to my body. She wants me but not the way I wanted her. She was only after the temporary relief my flesh could give against her flesh. I was after of her soul.

I swallowed the painful lump in my throat while I met her eyes. I couldn't speak a word, afraid that my voice could break anytime. I brought a hand to her face and wiped off her tears. I softly traced the delicate curves of her cheeks. My fingers brushed her creamy soft skin all the way to her pretty little lips. The lips that I've dreamt of kissing every second, every minute, and every hour of the day. I should have never been here. I was still mad at the fact that she came with Eric the other day. But here I am, my ego at its lowest, and my pride sank along with it.

You're finally losing it old boy, my conscience mocked at me.

How did I end up all locked up with this heartache? I've never taken advantage of the women I have had before. They were the ones who took advantage of me and I was just too generous not to turn down every single one of them. I've never even used any woman contrary to what that fucker said. I bed and go out with them but I've never promised them anything. I did have girlfriends before but things just didn't work out fine. Ni wala akong natatandaan niloko isa man sa kanila. I had my own share of vicious deeds but I've never cheated. They were all just jealous of the other girls that were all after me and I've grown tired of explaining the same shit over and over again.

Was this some karmic comeback of that thing I did to her? Hell, but I had the best interest for her and for my brother. It might have looked like I blackmailed her but it wasn't of the bad intentions.

"Kayden..." she gently said, her wet lusty eyes never leaving mine. "I want you..."

"Baby..." was all I could say. I was lost at words looking at her pleading eyes. Her eyes had me drawn to her since she was a little girl.