Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

I was fired by a bullet not knowing you were behind the trigger...
•••

[Kayden's POV]

I hit home in less than an hour, excited. I was hoping to see Fia. I was dying to claim the warm hug and the wet kiss that I wasn't able to have from her this morning. But the house lights were off when I got there. There was no sign of her. I heaved a sigh, trying to ease out the burden in my chest. Nagkatampuhan lang naman kami. I never thought she would take it as bad as it is right now. It was past eight and she should have been home by now. She was taking a day off and I wasn't sure if she was with her friends. Wala naman siyang sinabing gagawin ngayon.

With a heavy heart, I headed to her room wishing to see her lying in bed with my clothes on. But I was just imagining. I knew she was never home.

Baby, please where are you? Nanghihinang napaupo ako sa kama. I placed the flowers and the cake on top of the bed. Her heavenly baby scent was all over the room and it made me ache for her so much more.

Inabot ko ang cellphone ko at sinubukan muli siyang tawagan. I called her for the nth time pero hindi parin niya sinasagot. I started to compose a message for her like earlier.

Babe, I'm sorry. Please umuwi kana. Miss na miss na kita. Huwag mo naman akong ipagalala ng ganito. Promise, I would never meddle with your cooking. You can cook dried fish whenever you like basta umuwi ka lang. I let out a heavy breath. Kung gusto mong sunduin kita tawagan mo ako. I'll be waiting. I cleared my throat and blinked my eyes. I love you, babe. Sobrang mahal na mahal. Tandaan mo lagi 'yan.

I sent the message with a clenching pain in my chest. I was beginning to get restless, frustrated and all worried as fuck just like the last time when she never answered any of my calls pero sinibukan ko paring maghintay. I waited, praying that her fury will die down soon and she would find time to reply to my message and call me.

But nothing came.

I forced out a heavy breath to try to calm myself. I ran a number on my list and started ringing Louise's number this time.

"Kayds? Napatawag ka?" she answered after the second ring.

I took a deep inhale hoping Fia was with her. "Hi Lu, sorry to have bothered you. Kasama mo ba si Fia ngayon?" I gasped, trying to bring air into my lungs.

"Hindi kami magkasama. I haven't received any text or call from her today. Bakit? May problema ba?"

I helplessly raked my fingers through my hair. "Nagkatampuhan kami kanina. She wouldn't answer any of my calls and messages," I explained the calmest way I can though my heart was already ramming violently inside my chest."I don't know who else to call Lu... Can you do me a favor? I got no number of your other friends..."

I heard her faint sigh. "Tatawagan ko si Alice at si Mikaela. I'll get back to you soon," she said and ended the call. I brought a hand to my head and tried to massage my temple.

After about ten minutes, Louise called and said the same. Her other friends don't know where she is. Mas lalong trumiple ang kaba ko. Hindi naman niya ako nilayasan nung huling nag away kami. She would never do this to me. Damnit! Baka sobra lang siyang nagtampo. She must have asked her friends not to tell me where she was. That's good enough to think of.