Chapter Ten

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eyes...

H. Jackson Brown Junior

•••

Chapter Ten

[Kayden's POV]

I HAVE nothing against love. How could I question a thing as beautiful as what I have always seen with my parents since I was a kid? I sure know it's a beautiful thing.

My father and my mother are still madly in love with each other until now. Dad could still put up my mom's nasty temper every day, he still calls her his angel, he never misses a day without telling her how much he loves her, he still cooks her favorite dish even if he's too tired from work, he still pampers her like a queen. And dad still looks at mom the way he looks at her every day since I could remember—full of love and adoration.

The same goes with my mother, she never forgets to tell dad of how much she loves him every day, of how proud she was of dad for keeping up with her tantrums, and of how happy and contented she was of just having him.

My siblings and I grew up witnessing the kind of love that my parents share. The kind of love that might be envious for others to see. The kind of love that one day I would hope for, for my own family.

I guess, my parents were the very few couples who were lucky enough to experience that kind of love.

The kind of love that I doubt if I would be lucky to have.

A love that cradles to the grave.

Noong nagbinata ako, akala ko yung una kong naging girlfriend mahal ko na. Ang sabi kasi ni daddy, bata palang daw siya alam na daw niyang mahal na niya si mommy. It was too bizarre to believe in kaya hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit matapos ko na magustuhan iyong una kong naging girlfriend ay nagkagusto muli ako sa iba. I even start to question myself if I was normal. But when I asked dad, he said it was normal and that what I felt was only some sort of young love, puppy love, short live love, the kind of love that wouldn't last. And that I was only driven by the impulse of youth. He explained that what him and mom had was a special case.

Stupid as it may sound but I've been a believer in love itself because of my parents. Both of them were like two sick love birds that couldn't live without the other. It's as if they share the air the other breaths, the dreams the other hopes for, and the passion the other aspires.

I had known from them that love is one thing that should be fair and that it's not love if you don't think of the other's welfare, It's selfishness. Fia talks too much about loving but she doesn't even have any idea how foolish and selfish her plan was of stealing my brother from his fiancee.

I swallowed and shrugged my thoughts off.

"Boss okay ka lang? Lalim ng ini-isip natin ah. Napapadalas ata 'yan," untag ni Dino. "Kung sa bagay kahit ako di ko rin maiwasang mapatingin. Saan pwede makahanap ng ganyan kagandang PS boss? Papalaba ko rin sana mga damit ko sa kanya. Swerte niyo ah."

"What the hell did you just say?" I glared at Dino but his eyes were fix on Fia who was currently lining up my clothes on the clothesline beside the cottage. Pati ang ibang mga lalaki sa production na kanikani lang inaayos ang last two scenes na natapos namin ay sa kanya na nakatingin ngayon. And she was again oblivious of how perverted she looked with that white tube dress. Wala ba siyang ibang matinong damit?

"Sexy boss," Dino retorted with a grin.

I picked up the chart in front of me and slammed it hard on the table. They all stared at me, stupefied.