Chapter Thirty Three

So let me hold ya tight from left to right baby...

Dan & Shay
•••

[Kayden's POV]

"Fia?" I asked when her sobs had slowly died down.

She took a deep breath and moved her head from my neck to my chest, resting one cheek against it. My neck and the neckline of my shirt were soaked with her tears. She had probably cried for good old half an hour now. And I let her without saying anything. I'm scared that she'd say things about how hurt she is right now because of my brother again. As much as possible kapag magkasama kami ay iniwasan kong mapag-usapan si kuya o ang kung ano mang tungkol sa kanya. I might hurt her or I might hurt myself more.

She sniffed. "I'm sorry I was just too carried away. Nakita ko kasi yung album mo. Nainggit ako nung nakita ko si Cassy during her debut. I had this girlish dream of having a very grand debut kasi since I was a little girl. I want to experience being a princess on that day. I want to wear a beautiful gown. I want a majestic reception. I want a ballroom with a huge crowd dressed up to the kind of theme I want. Yung parang sa mga fairy tale na grand ball? Gusto ko unique yung eighteen candles ko, same as the eighteen roses. Gusto ko...." napasinghot muli siya. "Gusto ko si daddy and last dance ko. He made me that promise... Pero hindi nangyari...he left us with another woman."

I felt relief surge my heart that it wasn't my brother that made her sulk right now. But at the same time, my heart aches for all those childhood dreams that were robbed off of her because her father wasn't man enough to stay with them.

I moved her closer to me and I shut my arms tight, kissing her head. This way, I hope I'd make her feel better.

"Sorry... I know this is too childish...I know I'm too old to mope over these petty things," she breathed out.

I caressed her hair. "You don't have to feel sorry about it, baby. That is every girl's wish."

I only have one sister that I love dearly with all my life. Cassy had always been spoiled to me. Kahit noong mga bata pa kami, basta kaya kong ibigay binibigay ko sa kanya. I felt responsible for her in a way because I was her older brother. She'd also often talk to me about what stuff she likes. Pinagtatiyagaan ko naman pakinggan kahit na hindi ko alam kung anong sinasabi niya. I was into computer games and she was into barbies and all this girly stuff. Kalaunan naintindihan ko narin siya. It was because of my sister that I started to understand girls.

Ang mali ko lang noon, masyado akong naging maluwang sa kanya. She did get pregnant dahil lagi ko siyang pinagtatakpan. Until now, I still blame myself for being the negligent brother that I was. I regret every part of it with my life. If it would have been not for me, hindi dapat siya mabubuntis with that fucker that she won't even tell anyone in the family. The only thing that came out beautiful of that mistake was Bubble. She was my consolation of that regret. Bubble was the most precious thing that happened in the family for a very long time. She was everybody's angel. By the time I first saw my niece and held her by my arms, I swore under anyone's grave that I would kill her estranged father if ever he'll even touch a stray of her hair. I swear.

I felt her take a number of inhales and exhales. "Huh! Okay na ako!"

I cupped her chin, lifting her face to me. "You sure you're okay?" I dried her tears with my free hand.

"Oo," she gave me a sweet smile and straightened her back.

"Kiss mo nga ako kasi okay kana," I puckered my lips.