Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Love isn't complicated, people are...
•••

[Kayden's POV]

I KNOW I look like an idiot right now. Probably worst. But I love her so much that I drowned in whatever pride that was left in me. It hurts as fuck that I don't even get to hear a single word from her every time I tell her I love her. She doesn't have any idea how much that fucking hurts. Sobrang sakit.

But who am I to complain? I was the desperate fool here. Hindi ako mapagpasensiyang tao pero kailangan kong maghintay. It was what I learned from my father since I was a kid. I've witnessed how patient he was in dealing with my mother and her one-of-a-kind temper. My dad's a great guy. And I wanted to be that guy for her if she will only accept me.

I may not look like a religious guy but I have always prayed for her love. I'm praying that sooner or later, she'll also see me the way she sees my brother.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply trying to ease out the pain in my chest. I blinked my eyes and glanced at my wristwatch. She had been in the bathroom for an hour.

What's taking her so long?

Kinakabahang tumayo ako at tinungo ang pinto ng banyo.

"Babe, hindi ka pa ba tapos?" I knocked pero walang sumagot.

"Babe?!" Medyo napalakas na ang boses ko.

There was still no answer. Not even a single noise.

"Fia, babe? Is everything alright in there?!"

My breathing hiked up twice when there was still no reply from her.

Without thinking, I forcefully kicked the door. It opened at the first attempt. I immediately went in and saw her still soaked in water inside the tub. She looked severely pale and her eyes were swelling from crying.

 Inilang hakbang ko ang pagitan namin. I reached for the tub's stopper to drain the water saka ko kinuha ang nozzle para banlawan ang katawan niya.

I swallowed hard when her naked body was fully exposed. She was really pale. Her beautiful body seemed to have been drained out of blood.

Quickly with gentleness, I ran my hand through her skin to get rid of the soap. I started lathering her shoulder blades, going down to her ample breasts.

"Stop it..." she said, flinching away from my touch without looking at me.

"Babe..."

She flinched again when I attempted to frame her face.

"U-malis ka... nalang please...." she said with chilly voice then she started sobbing again.

I closed my eyes and silently cursed. Lalong sumikip ang dibdib ko habang pinapakinggan ang imbit niyang mga hikbi.

Was this about what happened earlier or was it my brother again? She was unusually quiet nang mag-aya na siyang umuwi.

"Babe, I need to get you out of the tub," I muttered ignoring her plea while keeping my welling tears. Pigil na pigil ko ang pagpiyok ng boses ko.