Pairing up

Joel P.O.V

We all walk over to another segment of grass and line up. We are handed little buzzers and I just look at everyone and shrug as people seem to think I know why we have these things.

"Ok celebrities," Dec starts, "you are going to pair up with one of the celebrities you will see in a moment. We will show you 5 different videos and you need to buzz in if you would like to pair up with that celebrity. You will be competing for each other's immunity from the first bushtucker trial so pick wisely. If two of you buzz for the same celebrity, then whoever buzzed first will pair up. If no one buzzes in then we will come to that celebrity at the end. Clear?" Ant asks.

"All clear," I reply.

"Ok then so let's start," Dec says.

Connie leans over to me." You're going down Dommett." She says playfully, grinning up at me.

"You wish Richards," I reply.

The sound blares from the screen.
"I'm Lisa Snowdon and I'm a TV and radio presenter. What you see is what you get from me. I totally get grumpy when I don't eat. If I don't have food then I turn into a complete cow. Anything that comes my way I will try and tackle it and handle it to the best of my ability. I'm going into this experience exactly with that mind frame."

I don't buzz for this one. I don't know why it's just the whole eating thing.

"Ok so only one of you buzzed, and that was Carol!" Ant reveals. Carol exclaims and steps back onto the platform behind her. That leaves four.

Next up was Scarlett.

"I'm Scarlett Moffatt and you probably know me from Gogglebox. My biggest fear is clowns so I'm quite glad it's a jungle really as I can't imagine any popping up."

I buzz in.

To this, I just look over to Connie as she looks at me. We both just laugh!

"I mean, I said I'd never try quinoa, and I did."

We just laugh louder along with the two Geordies.

"I'll give it 110% and even if it's a game of tiddlywinks I will still give it my all."

After making jokes about her food choices, Ant begins.

"Jordan, you buzzed in, but you weren't the only one. Joel, you also buzzed in."

Connie looks at me surprised and I just grin back.

"Why?" Ant asks me.

"Because she pronounced quinoa properly," I say looking over at the beautiful blonde next to me. Wait, did I just think she's beautiful, well she is but- whatever.

Connie just laughs at my comment.

"But you both buzzed in, and the first to buzz in was...Jordan."

Jordan takes his place on the platform and we wait for the next celebrity.

"I'm Wayne bridge and I'm an ex-professional footballer. I'd like to think I'll win lots of stars and I'm really determined. I don't like letting people down. But anything in the trials I'm gonna be scared of."

We all started to laugh at the sudden change of ending.

"Oh no," Connie exclaimed.

"Connie, you buzzed in. Why?" Dec asks her.

"Because it looked like he would give it 150% but I just wasn't expecting the last part." She says jokily.

"Not confident now are you, Richards," I comment nudging her arm.