Claim Of Thrones

Connie P.O.V

"Joel." I whisper as I shake his hammock lightly. It's warm this morning, which is no change. "Joel." I say as his brown eyes open up slowly. He smiles when he acknowledges I'm there.

"Morning baby." He says yawning and stretching his arms out.

"No breakfast in bed?" Joel jokes sitting up in his hammock and swinging his legs onto the floor, standing effortlessly. He pecks my temple as I walk down by the fire resuming my conversation with Larry, Jordan, Martin, Scarlett, Wayne and Lisa. He travels down towards the dungy, I presume to freshen up.

Soon enough, we are all sat around the fire, getting ready for Ant and Dec to arrive.

"Good morning celebrities!" Dec says with a different smile on his face, still a smile as usual but different. More excited.

"Today we have a different announcement! You are going to be competing in a new game called 'Claim of thrones'. What will happen is you will split into two groups, and compete against the people in your group in the next bush tucker trial. There will be two winners of the trial in each team, making 4 winners who will claim a throne each. These royals will stay in a luxury camp for the next few days and if they remain royals, then they will win immunity from the first vote off and a big banquet." Dec explains.

"The way to knock a royal off the throne and become one is as follows. The people in this camp will pick two people to face two of the royals that the public have voted. They will compete against each other in a trial, and if the royal is beaten then you take their place on the throne." Ant announces.

We decide our team to be me, Joel, Scarlett, Wayne, Sam and Lisa. We go first and head down to the clearing.

"Hello again." Dec says as we spot the first challenge. There are 6 glass cubes for us to lay in with head, middle and feet compartments. There's a box in the middle, and a glass pane with screws around the side. I look up. Four golden thrones are sat on the other side of camp.

"So what you have to do is endure five minutes led in the glass boxes. If you endure this time, you can then start unscrewing the bolts to take the panel off, and slot your ball down the shoot. The first two celebrities to do so will win a throne."

Joel pecks my cheek as we separate into the boxes. I lay down as my body gets separated into the compartments. I start to feel around for the bolts so I know where they are for a few minutes time.

The clackson rings and we lay there, snakes around our heads, mealworms and cockroaches on our stomachs, and mud crabs around our feet. One slithers across my face and around my neck as I start to breath heavily. I tell myself I'll be fine. I can do this.

"God, that snakes not leaving Connie alone is he!" Ant says as Dec reveals half our time has gone.

"That's 20 seconds left, get ready to unscrew the bolts guys." Ant announces. I feel around and find the bolts once again.

The clackson sounds again and I try to unscrew the cold, metal bolts around the panel with both my hands. I feel them fall by my side one by one.

"It's a race between Sam, Connie and Wayne here! You three are racing ahead guys!" Dec comments as I take the glass panel off and place it on top of my stomach. I feel around for the ball, and as I pick it up, I drop it onto my chest, but quickly pick it up again and try to find the shoot.

"Oh, Connie's dropped it." Ant comments. That's probably it then. I can see Wayne in the tank beside me laying there brushing off the rest of the bugs. I look the other way, Joel still unscrewing his bolts.

We all climb out of the tanks as I shake off the excess cockroaches and meal worms. I sit on the bench between Joel and Sam, Joel giving me a side hug as I brush off the cockroach in his hair.