Redemption - Quarter to Midnight

It was their third day and things are going pretty well. He's still not talking to his dad but at least he does not push him off like he used to.

Maine and Rizza are pretty happy with it though. It is after all about time he learns to set aside his own pain and start forgiving his father. He is not getting any younger and they may never know when his body will give in.

The two decided to swim on the beach since the weather is very nice. Plus it's still low tide so it's the perfect time to take a dip.

Richard is seated on the couch reading something from his iPad while the older Faulkerson is on the other side, reading a newspaper.

Faint giggles started making it's way down the stairs and Richard and his dad both look up.

Rizza was the first to make it down, followed by Maine. Both are obviously wearing their two piece swimsuits but they have see through cover ups.

Rizza hinted a sly smile as she turns to look at his brother who is obviously gawking at Maine.

She was wearing a white, Kimono style cover up that has a very low V neck cut, exposing her chest and hangs just an inch below her buttocks.

He swallows. Here goes his wild mind again. It's not even helping that Maine's skin is already tanned and is now glistening, giving her a very sexy glow.

Maine doesn't know whether she'd ran upstairs and change into a pajama and a sweater coz he's literally glaring at her like she's done something wrong or she'll be proud coz at the same time he's also ogling at her and she could see how impressed he was at her.

If there's anything that Maine was proud of, it's her body. She's not too skinny for her own liking and it's proportional. She considers herself sexy. Truth to be told, she has the body and confidence most girls could only dream of. She has every right to.

"Bye dad! Bye kuya!" Rizza waved them goodbye and gracefully made their way out.

"Ganda ni Maine noh?" the older man spoke, snatching him off his trance.

Richard opens his mouth but closes them again. Obviously, he was left with no words. And Mr. Faulkerson finds him amusing. This is the first time he's seeing his son like this and he would not exchange this for anything.

"Sundan mo na. Baka may mga locals pa na makakita sa kanya, maunahan ka pa 'nak." the old man smirks.

You can see Richard's obvious annoyance but he just cleared his throat and excused himself to his father.

"Check - Check ko lang po yung -" he stutters as he stands up and turn to leave.

He holds his left chest and breathes deeply. Clearing his throat again he takes a step forward. "May kunin lang ako sa kotse!" he almost shouted before making his way out.

Richard was catching his breath when he spots the two. Maine is lying on her stomach, sunbathing while Rizza was seated beside her applying some sunscreen.

His sister must've seen him approaching because she stops and gets up, meeting him halfway.

She bats her eyelashes at him and smirks. He raises his eyebrows but walks ahead. Completely ignoring her.

Maine lets out a contented sigh. She enjoys being under the sun. It makes her feel vulnerable but more carefree and alive.

She remembers her dad running after her and she would squeal, running towards her mother who would carry her. Her dad would eventually catch up with them then pulls them into a hug.