1

This was a very bad idea. Very bad. Why m I doing this? I can't sing. I bet everyone here is better then me. And I mean everyone. "Stop biting your nails. Your going to be ok." My brother Johnny says as he slaps my hand away.

"You don't know that, I could get all four no's and then I could go home. Even if I do get four yes', I still won't make it that far." I tell him.

"Your twenty one years old and you're nervous. Shouldn't you be nervous if your like a teenager, Casey?" He asks. I hate him.

"It doesn't have to be like that." I gently slap him. "Where's dad?" I start to look around.

"He's in the men's room." Johnny answers. I nod my head. Just any minute now, I could be called up to sing in front of the judges.

"Wow, that kids incredible." Johnny says. I look up at the big tv and listen to the blond boy play the piano. He was good. Really good. Incredible. Why can't I be like that.

"Hey kiddos. How you doing here?" My dad asks as he comes back.

"Good, I guess." I say truthfully. I hear them call my number. My turn. Dad and Johnny follow me. I walk into the room where the judges are and stand on the X.

"Hello, who are you?" Louis asks.

"I'm Casey and I'm twenty one." I tell him.

"Are you nervous?" He asks.

"Very." I say.

"Don't worry. You may start when your ready." That was pretty quick. I though they would ask something like, what is your dream? But I'm glad they didn't ask anything. Except for I'm in nervous.

I grab the guitar and begin singing count on me by Bruno Mars. "If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,
I'll be the light to guide you."

"Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need."

"You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I'll know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah."

"Whoa, whoa
Oh, oh
Yeah, yeah."

"If you tossin' and you turnin' and you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song
Besides you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Everyday I will
Remind you."

"Ohh
Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need."

"You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when k need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah."

"Oh, oh
Yeah, yeah."

"You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go
Never say goodbye
You know you can."

"Count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah."

"Oh, oh
You can count on me 'cause I can count on you." I finish the song. The judges stand from there seats and start clapping. A huge smile appears on my face. Didn't think I'd get that kinda reaction.

"Wow, that was beautiful. I just love your voice." Nicole says. I smile.

"I have to agree with Nicole. When you fist walked in here, you looked so shy I though this was going to be a disaster. Then you started singing and it wowed me. You voice is incredible and you don't even know it." Simon says. Maybe I don't know how good I am.

"That was beautiful, darling. Incredible. I'm sure you're going to make it pretty far in this competition." Sharon says. I smile. This is incredible.

"I'm gonna have to agree with all of them. So, I'll be the first to vote, and say yes. Sharon?" Louis asks her.

"It's a yes for me too."

"Nicole?"

"A one hundred percent yes." She says. I smile.

"Simon?"

"Casey, you have four big fat yes'." Simon says. I start jumping up and down with the guitar still in my hands.

"Thank you so much." I say. I put the guitar back and they lead me out the room. I go to where Johnny and dad are and hug them right away.

"I told you you were gonna do it." Johnny says.