Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20

Beyoncé's phone was ringing and ringing constantly. It had already woken Shawn up once, and he had to let Giselle know that Bey was peacefully sleeping at the moment. Of course she questioned a few things, but he never told her anything. He simply told her that he didn't want to wake her, but he'd let her know to call as soon as possible. At this point, it seemed like everyone was calling her, which woke her up this time. Bey looked back at her cell phone and immediately turned back over. The turning back over motion had obviously done something to her stomach and she was immediately off the couch and running to her downstairs bathroom.

Shawn groaned and woke up. He'd noticed her flying out of the room, which could have only meant one thing to him. She was about to feel the side effects of drinking on an empty stomach. He sat up and began removing his tuxedo jacket, not knowing how he managed to go the entire night with it on. Shawn carefully followed Beyoncé into the bathroom and helped her with her hair.

"I got you," he told her as he continued helping her until she felt like she was done. Beyoncé felt as though she was puking up her guts. There was nothing in her stomach, but she just kept going and going. She breathed out and leaned against the bathtub. Shawn watched her attentively before looking into her medicine cabinet. He saw nothing but first aid kit things.

"Upstairs," she managed to say, knowing exactly what he was looking for.

Shawn nodded his head and went up to her bedroom's bathroom. He opened the medicine cabinet and found the medicine that he was looking for. He grabbed two of them and went to the kitchen to get her some orange juice. Once he came back, she was standing up, which worried him a bit. "Sit down," he softly demanded. Surprisingly, she didn't argue back. Beyoncé placed the toilet seat down and sat down. She reached for the pills, took them, and downed the orange juice.

She reached for her pounding head and sighed immediately. Being hungover was the worst thing in the world, and she couldn't believe that she was in that current predicament. Beyoncé wiped her eyes a bit. "Thanks, but you don't have to stay here."

"Why?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever happened last night doesn't mean a thing."

Shawn leaned down before her and eyed her for a moment. "What happened last night?"

Beyoncé looked at the glass that he'd brought her. She remembered telling him something, but Shawn didn't react the way she would've thought. She clearly remembered his reaction, but it was what she told him that was fuzzy. "I told you something."

Shawn nodded his head. "Yes, you did. What did you tell me?"

Beyoncé laughed and looked at the light in the bathroom. She squinted her eyes at the brightness and turned back to face him. She wanted to hide, but Shawn was blocking only exit she had. She didn't know whether it was purposely or he just so happened to be there. "I don't know."

"You told me who your rapist was."

Beyoncé's eyes widened a bit, but she slowly brought them down. A soft smile appeared. "I couldn't have."

"Why not?"

"Because you didn't react like I figured you would."

Shawn knew what she was referring to. She was used to calculating and predicting everything about him, but that time she couldn't. It was obvious that she didn't realize her being drunk would've changed the way that he reacted. Shawn went through the entire night her being drunk on his mind and acted accordingly. "Because you were drunk," he replied.

"Okay, I'm not drunk now. React."

Shawn chuckled and shrugged his shoulders. "Help me understand this. Your sister's husband is the man that raped you?"