Formalities; Forgotten Names.

My box of work belongings is packed away as of now, I came in earlier than usual as William suggested and redecorated my office, nothing had changed overnight of course but it almost felt like a completely different room from the one I'd left the previous day. Somehow it feels a lot colder than before, I can't quite put my finger on what it is yet but it definitely feels like something is missing; I glance around the room subconsciously to try and find the culprit but am unlucky once again - everything is where it should be, maybe it's just me.

My office doors are open as they always are, welcoming in any colleagues strolling in for their full day ahead. I'm almost certain that everyone in the entire building has no doubt heard of yesterday's antics, but I'm not remotely affected by their gossiping. I carefully study my office, still not being able to locate the source that's missing. "Harry." William calls abruptly as he rounds my office door in a swift rush, being careful not to topple over. "Are you settled in?" His posture upright despite his crippling back, almost as if standing tall will make him appear more authoritative, which it does quite successfully.

"Yes sir." My answer is short and respectful, William is shockingly terrifying when he's annoyed or irate.

"No need for the formalities son, it's not you I'm frustrated with." His eyes roll, most likely of his conversation with Mr Miller yesterday regarding my 'situation'.

"Sorry sir." My mouth absentmindedly speaks, and within seconds William is glancing at me expectantly over his shoulder, forcing me to think over what I'd just uttered. I simply shrug with a wry smile.

Williams frame stops abruptly in front of me, I hadn't even noticed that we had been walking in the direction of the tenth floor, where the meeting room is situated. The grey walls, similar to my own, resemble the coldness of this place; transforming from somewhere that I loved being, to the place I dreaded coming to every morning. My body aches for excitement and change in this place, I feel like I'm the colour of stone and I'm stuck and grounded to the floor, sitting on my own shadow and lost in my solitude, what is happening? "Son?" Williams voice tears me from my deteriorating thoughts. "Come on in."

My footsteps seem to echo against the laminate floor, the dark wood beneath my feet dying to swallow me whole into its endless abyss. As I turn the corner Mr Miller Sr. sits exquisitely proper at the wooden desk, his aged hands clasped on the table in front of him waiting for me to arrive; William takes the seat next to him, my conscience telling me to sit opposite them fighting against my readily fleeing legs. "Mr Styles thank you for joining us today, I gather you are all unpacked by now?" Mr Miller Sr starts, his expression so similar to that of his sons, however I actually feel a sense of humanity radiating from this member of the family. My nod is discreet but nevertheless he continues, "as founders and former CEO's of this company, Mr James and I would like to apologise profusely for the actions and attitudes of Wesley Miller, myself more so."

William continues, "his behaviour was highly unprofessional, therefore he has been reprimanded throughly and will face the consequences of his actions. As you know, your position has been restored as well as your office and duties."

"Your work is astounding Harry, and Wesley knows this. His personality is so driven sometimes that he forgets how to be human too. As an apology on the companies behalf, we would like to invite yourself and a guest of your choice to accompany us to dinner tomorrow night. It will all be paid for by the company, drinks included, and hopefully it will also be a night to wipe the slate clean." The two men convey genuine smiles and their body language almost pleads for me to accept. They're brilliant men and a pleasure to work for, but it's not their apology I want.

My mind is read by William once again as he waits for his old friend to finish, "both Wesley and Ethan will attend too." I nod in thanks, biting on my lips inwardly. My eyes scan the dark wooden desk as my fingers fiddle ferociously with each other on it's hard surface, "why don't you bring that nice young lady I've heard so much about." His suggestion tears me from my dreaded thoughts and my aura rests happily with Odette at the centre of my mind.