Tickling; Home.

I know you're all probably wondering what Odette said when I asked her if she wanted to come to mine tonight to watch a few movies with me and my friends; well, I'm happy to say that she said yes.

She seemed quite nervous at first, I know it's probably because she feels somewhat awkward meeting new people, but she was fine when she met me, and the lads are no different really.

They all already know of her condition so I don't have to explain it to them, they promised me that they'll be highly respectful in her presence and that they'll 'try' not to embarrass me in front of her.

Although, I have no doubt they will, it's just something that they'd do. I mean we're lads, of course they're going to embarrass me in front of a girl.

To calm Odette's nerves I told her that I would stay with her the entire time and make her feel as comfortable as possible, it's not that she can't talk to people, it's just that her ways of doing so are more complex so she tends to just stay quiet and keep to herself.

Yesterday went really amazingly as well! She told me loads of things about France and it's culture, she told me all of her favourite places and why she loved them. I still have the notepad covered in her cursive writing, all of the information she gave me yesterday is sprawled neatly across the pages.

I'm growing even more excited today, I'm having all of the lads around and their girlfriends - or love interests in Niall's case - and I'm also having Odette come over too, which I'm ecstatic about. Maybe I'll show her my project and see what she thinks about it, I know that she loves writing and reading, she'd probably be able to give me some good advice.

Another thing that was incredible about yesterday morning was the amount I managed to learn about her; things like how she's twenty years old, or her favourite colour is orange, or how her favourite flower is the frangipani flower normally with shades of pinks and oranges. She told me that she has a little sister called Evelyn too.

Obviously I told her a few things about myself as well, like how I have a sister called Gemma and my mum and dad got divorced but both remarried happily. My life seems like a breeze in comparison to hers! I told her my favourite colour is green and that I don't really have a favourite flower - which she laughed at - but convinced me that she would help me find one.

She also told me something that really shocked me, my mind scanning over the cursive words that she'd written in my notepad. Her left hand scribing the shocking sentence as the ink of the pen ran freely. I was shocked at what I read,

'I've been deaf for ten years.'

I couldn't believe it. She's only twenty now, which means that one day in her past, her ears just decided to stop. One day she could hear, and the next she couldn't. As quick as a snap of the fingers, something so precious and vital gone within a second. It was truly extraordinary to comprehend.

Although, the more I think about it the more respect I have for her. She managed to change her life in an instant and adapt to her new condition without any fuss or hassle. She truly is an inspiration.

Anyway, enough about yesterday, today hasn't really been much different from any other day; it's three o'clock and everyone should be here at five, in that time I have to finish my work, get a shower, and tidy the place before everyone arrives.

The only person I'm really trying to impress is Odette, as you've probably already guessed. The lads and girls aren't really bothered about the apartment being a mess, mainly because the lads always cause it anyway, and the girls are just used to it by now.

I've been working on the project all day, the notes from yesterday becoming extremely helpful for structuring the booklet, but also as actual information to include. I must remember to thank Odette for helping me, I know Margaret is going to be extremely pleased with the information. It just seems a lot more personal now and less formal, which is a good thing.