Decisions, Decisions; Insecurities.

My hands shake in anticipation as I straighten my bow tie, my black suit looking as smart as ever as my eyes scan one final time over my appearance in the mirror, I can hear my mothers voice squealing inside my head 'I always knew you could clean up well' she expresses with a smile upon her ghostly face; I chuckle at the thought, reminding myself that I will have to take a picture of Odette and I together to send to her, she would never forgive me if I didn't.

The smudges upon my mirror remind me that I need to clean and organise my apartment, it hasn't been dusted in days and could do with being freshened up; I step closer and exhale a mist of warm breath onto the mirror, using the raised side of my palm to wipe at the irritating smudge, only to make it worse - my answering action is to walk away completely, a small smudge shouldn't be clouding my thoughts as much as it is, it's probably just nerves allowing me to overthink. Why are you nervous Harry? I question myself subconsciously as always, most likely because I will be stood face to face with Mr Miller for the first time since our dispute; maybe it'll all end well, I reassure myself, at least I'll have Odette by my side regardless of the outcome.

Speaking of my glorious neighbour, the last I saw of her was approximately an hour ago at her apartment; she was just about to get a shower and unfortunately, yet gracefully, refused the help I had offered - she simply kissed my cheek with a knowing smile and turned in the direction of her bathroom leaving me to make the familiar journey across the hall and over to my apartment to get ready. A journey that I'll hopefully never have to take again. My pointed leather shoes bare the carpet beneath them, my nerves are beginning to get the best of me and guilt consumes my mind as I fear Odette being in the centre of a conflict, I'd hate to see her upset if Mr Miller began to reprimand me for any particular reason, I would hate the thought of her being ridiculed in the middle of a high class restaurant and knowing that she felt uncomfortable, I've spent months bringing her out of that tough shell, I wouldn't want all of that hard work to go to waste because of one man.

My thoughts travel back yet again to the sound of her voice, the only thing that seems to calm me in any moment of need, even if she isn't there it's like she's a mantra that I can't ignore. Her delicate voice is my complete undoing in any situation, her accent falling from her lips in grace and caressing my mind. My palms begin to sweat once again, that small moment of distraction now fading into reality as I start to pace like before; maybe Odette is ready now, although she would have told me, I panic needing her by my side.

Odette
Could you come and help me please? I love you x

A sigh of relief escapes my resting mouth as I check the message over, how is it that whenever I need her she always tends to know? It's like we have an unspoken telepathic bond that links us both to the others needs and feelings, I think sometimes that I need Odette more than she needs me. After grabbing my house and car keys, as well as my phone and wallet, I make my way towards her apartment door - yet against crossing the familiar hallway that separates us and walking in to her apartment with ease and close the door securely behind myself. She's told me often onwards that she wants to repaint the walls, and no matter how often I offer to do the painting she always refuses, I'm convinced it's due to her indecisiveness, she most likely is spoilt for choice in the colour department - knowing Odette she would have a wall that was rainbow coloured due to her abysmal decision making abilities; I smile knowingly to myself as I walk towards her bedroom, that's exactly what she would do.

Before walking through her bedroom door I fix my suit jacket in order to look respectable, whether or not we love each other I still, even now, do my very best to impress her as if it were the first day that we met all those months ago. That's what is great about relationships, there is no time limit on love or fondness, and you never get bored. I round the corner to lean against the doorframe and within milliseconds my jaw drops to the floor, her back faces me as she glances in the mirror holding two different types of earrings to each of her ears and having no idea which one to choose, my mind links to it's earlier thought of her indecisiveness and how its reared its forthcoming head; however I struggle to concentrate on the notion as her delicious skin is on full show to me, her hair tied up into a mess of curls and delicate ringlets fall down her neck just about touching her shoulders. My beautiful neighbour stands in all of her glory and beauty in front of me - I would love nothing more than to carry her to her bed and stay there for the rest of the night. Odette seems to refuse the idea and pulls me from my charging thoughts.