White Doves; Her Voice.

Odette informed me earlier that her sister is arriving today from France and will be staying for about five days. The plans were short notice and the flight was only arranged in the early hours of the morning - but nevertheless it's clear to me that Odette is extremely excited. She hasn't stopped smiling since the ticket was booked.

According to Odette, Evelyn's plane should be arriving within the hour. I decided to take her out for breakfast this morning considering the mood she was in, it made me happy knowing that I could make her smile like that; the act of surprise also sweeped her off her feet - I didn't tell her I was taking her to breakfast, my hand just took hers and we left.

We walked the short distance to a hidden smoothie shop close to our apartment, we stumbled upon it a few days ago when we went out for a 'stroll' - as she called it - and immediately went in, completely surprised that we'd never heard of it before. It was amazing to say the least; we just laughed and signed in our own little world, the atmosphere was peaceful, and I have Odette to thank for that - without her I wouldn't really know the meaning of peace. She's like my very own white dove.

I ordered for her, predicting what she was going to pick after merely glancing at the choice on the menu, she loves anything berry flavoured and they just so happened to serve a 'mixed berries smoothie', of course she was going to pick that! There was not a shred of doubt in my mind - I was right considering the beautiful smile that erupted on her face after I'd spoke, she had barely raised her hands up to order before I stopped her and spoke her mind, I was her voice. I love that I was her voice.

I ordered a vanilla muffin soon after with freshly made buttercream and multicoloured sprinkles for the two of us to share - Odette had had her eye on it the entire time we were there so I bought it sneakily whilst she waited outside for me, taking pictures of the scenery. It's sweet that she wanted to bring her camera along to the airport to capture her sisters first steps into the country, it's a special moment for her, definitely.

Evelyn hasn't really been out of France according to my beautiful neighbour, I know Odette doesn't really talk much about her life back in France - or about her life at all for that matter - but my senses tell me that they aren't the richest of people and aren't as fortunate as some of the posh snobs that we pass by daily. That's the thing I like about this small village, everyone is so humble and kind and grateful for everything that they have, although if you go into town they stick their nose up at you and treat you like you're some sort of village scum.

I'd rather live somewhere quaint and homely anyway, I'd rather know my neighbours instead of receiving a breathless and forced grumble during a passing in the building hallway. No thank you. I'd take chirpy and refreshing encounter any day, over a miserable sod like grumpy Dave, the previous tenant of 3b. I like to think I'm somewhat of an improvement from that, actually no, I'm a definite improvement.

Odette's index finger breaks me from my thoughts of the morning, as she signals over to a free space in the airports car park. Her excitement is uncontrollable, palpable even; her small body bouncing lightly in my passenger seat and a glorious smile gleaming across her face - in that moment I make it my life mission to make her smile like that. She looks truly beautiful, although, I seem to be saying that rather frequently lately because she always looks beautiful.

Her seatbelt is off within seconds and she's already rushing around the car to my side as I get out, her hand clasping mine tightly as I lock the vehicle, and begins dragging me childishly towards the entrance of the terminal. Despite all the excitement that she must be feeling I know Odette is also really nervous; nervous of what her sister will think of the life she's made here, the people she's met, her work and most of all, me. Over the time that I've known her I have made a large impact on Odette's life, I've become someone she can talk to frequently and spend time with if she needs to - and she's made an impact on my life, she's become the centre of it; my world seems to revolve around her every mood or thought. I crave her mind, and her beauty and words.