back to normal

The next day, Valkyrie was the first to wake and decided to make pancakes for skulduggery. She slipped out of bed and threw on her underwear and a t-shirt and went and made breakfast for her sleeping lover.

Valkyrie was in the kitchen looking for eggs when she heard footsteps and then a tired looking skulduggery walked into the room. "Morning" he mumbled and kissed her forehead. Valkyrie laughed at how much of a non-morning person skulduggery was. "Go and sit on the sofa and I'll call you when breakfast is ready" she said and gave him a light push out of the room. "But I always make you breakfast" he said. Valkyrie put her hands on her hips and put on a sassy tone of voice "well I wanted to make you pancakes. So deal with it" she said and then smiled at him. Skulduggery smiled back sleepily. "Ok" he mumbled and went into the sitting room.

After breakfast they decided to stay home and watch movies all day. They watched the Harry potters, finding nemo, finding Dori, the spongebob movie and iron man 2. After they watched the film's and ate and laughed they went to bed. Valkyrie slept in her own bed as she wanted skulduggery to rest nicely as it was his last few hours of being alive.

In the morning Valkyrie woke up and walked downstairs to see her skulduggery, Skelton and suit. "Your back to normal!" She cried and flung her arms around his neck. "How the hell did I get back home?" He asked confused and held his head like he had a headache. Valkyrie let go of him and tilted her head "what?" she asked. "The last thing I remember is being in ghastly's office having the meeting on your parents case" he said and looked over to her. Valkyrie frowned and shook her head. "But you woke up in the medical wing. You were alive skulduggery. Skin and all. Don't you remember? And then we came home and ate dinner and then we.... Um..." She said stopping midsentence and blushed. "We what? Wait that's not the problem right now. I was alive?" He asked and Valkyrie stepped back. "Don't you remember these last two days?" She murmured and he shook his head. "Val? What did we do?" He asked and tilted his head the way he always tilted his head when confused. Valkyrie shook her head and blushed even more. "Um nothing. We did nothing. Anyway I think you should go and see kenspeckle so he can look you over" she said and then ran back upstairs.

"Hello?" Asked tanith through the phone. "Hey tan. It's me, Valkyrie" she said while trying to hide the sadness in her voice. "Hey Val! Wait... You sound kinda upset. Everything alright?" She asked concerned. "I don't know" replied Valkyrie quietly. "Do you want to talk about it?"
"I don't know. I suppose"
"Aw Val. It's going to be fine. Hey I have an idea why don't we talk about this over a drink?"
"I guess so"
"Cool! Have you ever had alcohol?"
"Nope. I only just turned 18 last week. Remember? I'm only now become old enough to drink"
"Oh yeah. Well today can be your first. Sound cool?"
"Definitely"
"Nice! I'm coming over now to pick you up.
"Yup. See you soon"
"Bye"
"Bye" said Valkyrie and then ended the call. She decided to change into something more ideal for a bar. So she threw on some blue jean shorts and a red tank top that said 'just do it!'. Then she grabbed her phone and went downstairs to wait for Tanith. By the time Valkyrie had come back downstairs skulduggery was gone but there was a note on the table. It said:
Hey Val,
I went to the sanctuary to get a check up like you said. I'll be back as soon as I can. You seemed upset when I didn't remember about the last two days. I want to talk about it when I get home.
Lots of love from your fabulous ,owner of a huge fantastic ego, boyfriend.
Skulduggery

This letter made Valkyrie smile at how goofy he was and how big of an ego he had. She felt bad for running away from him like that. I couldn't be his fault that he had forgotten. I was a pretty big change. But she was then snatched from her thoughts when she heard a knock on the door. She ran over and opened it. "Hey sister!" Tanith sung and grabbed Valkyries arm and pulled her out the house and over to her bike.