Chapter 38:

-Mia-

I walked into the living room and saw the Christmas tree all lit up. And presents underneath not touched. Every Christmas Ruby would run into my room waking me up and jump all over me tell I decided to actually get up. She would run over to the tree and start to pick up gifts and try to open them and have me get onto her to wait tell I get over there. And then I'll start the coffee and walk over to her and watch her open a few gifts before I get up and get coffee and then come back and watch her open the rest.

But this morning is different. This morning I want woke up by her jumping on me and then coming out here with her but this morning I woke up from a bad dream that turned out to be real and now I'm standing here in he living room looking at a tree with no little girl to open her gifts from Santa. I still put them out last night. I don't know why. I guess it was just habit. I didn't think that she wasn't going to be able to open them tell later on. This has to be the worst Christmas of my life and I had my cousins chase me out of my grandparents house with a knife and what I thought was a real gun at the time. But not being waken up by my beautiful daughter jumping on my face has to be the worst.

I then felt arms wrap around me and I placed my hands on his hands and stood there looking at the tree. "Well have our own special Christmas when she comes back." I heard mark whisper in my ear. I nodded and leaned my head against his chest. I just bodices how much taller mark is compared to me he's about a head taller than me. I only reach to his chin.

I heard mark humming a tone. "you want something to eat or drink?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I turned around in his arms and placed my hands on his chest and looked up at him. "I love you"

"I love you more." He said and kissed me. Just then there was a knock on the door. Mark and I looked at the door then looked back at each other. "Who could be knocking at our door on Christmas morning?"

"I don't know." We pulled away and we headed to the door. I didn't even bother to look out the peep hole and opened the door. When I looked at who was there my heart dropped. Drew was standing there with Ruby standing right next to her. I dropped to my knees and Ruby ran right into my arms yellin mommy! I hugged her so tight I felt like I would never see her again. I cried and cried and didn't want to let her go. I looked up at drew who handed mark Ruby's bag and looked down at me with a smile.

"I went in and talked to the judge and he agreed to have her back." He said I continued to hold on to Ruby like my life depended on it. "I told him that you have never done anything to hurt her."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I cried.

"When we left the court room I saw how sad you were. And I couldn't deal with you not having you go a Christmas without here." He said. I pulled away from her and gave her a huge smile and kissed her head. She smiled at me and giggled. I looked bad at mark and saw that he was too crying with a smile on his face.

"I've missed you mommy!" She said booped my nose.

"Oh I've missed you too bug. So, so much!" I booped her nose back. I stood up and held her in my arms. "Why don't you go with mark while I talk to drew for a minute." I handed her over to mark and she gave him a huge hug and they walked away. I turned back around to drew who put his hands in his pocket and looked at me. "I can't thank you enough."

"Listen. I never told Ruby who I actually was. I just never wanted to. Well that's a lie I did but, I couldn't do that to her. I didn't want to hurt her even more. I didn't want to tell her that I was her dad when she obviously has a father figure in her life that has been better to her in a short amount of time then I have been her whole life." He said looking over at mark and Ruby who were sitting at the kitchen table playing with tiny box Tim and laughing. I turned back to Drew.

"I understand." I said.

"And I'm not asking to be in her life. I'll just cause too much trouble and I don't want to do that." He continued. I nodded my head in agreement. "The only reason I didn't want to tell her was because I can't trust myself to make sure I stay in her life and not screw up again. I just can't trust my self. I can't. I make too many promises and I never keep them."

"Listen." I said. "If you ever want to see her." He cut me off.

"No. If she wants to see me or get to know me then I'm willing to talk to her and see her." He said, "but if she does, then you have to promise me you'll tell her how I am. And you can't sugar coat it. Because if she doesn't know how I am and she sees me how I really am and Breckinridge her little heart I couldn't deal with that. You need to promise me that you will tell her everything about me the good, the bad, the everything."

"Drew."

"Promise me please that's the only thing I ask for and if you promise I'll leave and only come around when you say so." He said with tears in his eyes.

"I promise." I told him. He gave me a smile and looked down at his feet.

"Hank you." He said and looked back up at me. "I got to go. Merry Christmas, Mia. Have a great day!"

"I will now." I said with a smile. "Merry Christmas!" She gave me a smile and walked down the hall. I took a deep breath and closed the door and looked over at Ruby and Mark. Who were laughing and playing with toys. Well not anymore they were making faces at each other. I laughed at them and walked over to them. I sat back down next to them and Ruby started to make faces at me and I just stuck my tongue out at her. And she giggled even more and it made me laugh. I'm so happy to have my little bug back with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁
I hope you guys liked his chapter I sure did. And I want to wish you all a merry Christmas Eve and i wasn't supposed to up load this tell tomorrow but I have two chapters done and I don't care!!!!!
🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁🎄🎁