Coming Home

"Alya, how did the police officers know your name without even asking? Do you know someone there?" Adrien asked her, making her turn at him.

"Eh, I've gone more than once or twice, let's just say. They know me well enough from my 'occasional' visits," Alya made air-quotes with her fingers, causing Marinette to roll her eyes.

"Dang," Adrien mumbled to himself in response.

"Okay, so you're going back with Marinette to her place, right?" Alya asked him, changing the subject.

"Oh, um-yep!" He quickly replied, a blush covering his face when he looked back to see the face of the beautiful girl he had known for all of high school to be his good friend.

"I'm dropping both your butts off there. I'm sure Marinette can lend you some of Fabio's old crap as for clothing... Any other necessity you think you might need, text me and it will be dropped off at Marinette's door," Alya told him, making him smile to see her kindness shine through her personality.

"Yes Adrien, don't even worry! I'll provide everything you need," Marinette quickly added to his relief.

Adrien's worrying emerald green eyes met with Marinette's calming bluebell ones, helping soothe away his anxiety. He had lost basically everything, but Marinette was there to save the day.

Alya smirked as she parked in front of Marinette's apartment, "Have fun, children!"

The two climbed out of Alya's car and made their way to her front door. As soon as the door opened, they were greeted by their kittens.

"Hello Tikki and Plagg!" Marinette cooed, putting her keys down on the table.

She picked up Plagg and handed him to Adrien.
"Hey, you might not have everything, but you still have this silly little guy," she said, watching as a grateful smile crossed his face. She smiled in return.

Marinette started pulling out blankets and pillows, hoping to make the couch as comfortable as possible for her visitor. She placed the television remote on the side, in case he couldn't sleep or was bored. Marinette left a brand new unopened package with a toothbrush and toothpaste in the bathroom, marking it for Adrien. She also made sure to leave snacks on the table, in the case that he were to become hungry. Looking for pajamas, she opened Fabio's overnight drawer. She found his pajamas, but was disgusted with the thought of him, so she threw it in the wash. Marinette wanted nothing more than to make this boy happy and comfortable.

"Adrien, I set up the couch for you to sleep on. There's also snacks on the table, if you're hungry. I'm about to make dinner, but feel free to snack. Also don't be afraid to use the TV if you can't sleep! There's a new toothbrush and toothpaste package in the bathroom too! As for pajamas, there's some in the wash. It'll be ready after dinner!" Marinette told him, a nervous blush crossing her face.

Adrien was impressed with the amount of preparation Marinette was going through to make his stay a good one.

"Wow! Th-Thanks Marinette!" Adrien rubbed his neck bashfully.

"Yeah, no problem! So, um... what would you like for dinner?" Marinette asked, feeling less nervous.

Wow, she's so great, Adrien thought to himself, a blush covering his face.

"I'm good with anything!" He replied.

"How does a quiche sound? I'll try to make it as fast as possible," she added, remembering how Fabio always wanted her to cook faster.

"It sounds amazing! Take your time cooking though. There's no rush," Adrien assured her.

Realizing how sweet Adrien was only caused her to hate Fabio more and more. She smiled at the boy, then began making the quiches for him and herself.

Adrien turned on the television, causing Marinette to smile at how he wasn't uncomfortable.

When she finished baking the quiches, she put one on a plate for her, and a separate one for him. She left the kitchen to see that Adrien was sitting on the couch, but his head was back as he slept.

"Long day, wasn't it?" Marinette whispered, placing his quiche on the coffee table in front of him.

As she left to go to her room, Adrien's eyes opened a little.

"Thank you, Marinette," he said quietly, knowing she probably wouldn't hear him.

He took a bite of his quiche, then smiled with the knowledge that Marinette was truly the best.

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! I thought it might be a little boring 😂

Anyways, it's the last day of 2016! Happy New Year's Eve! 🎉

Have fun tonight!

What are some things you guys enjoyed about 2016?

-Alex 💙😁