It's Time to Talk

Adrien stretched out, looking around to see that he was still in the hotel room he and Marinette rented out for the night. He glanced over at the alarm clock, realizing it was 11:47 in the morning.

"Wow, that was a long sleep," he mumbled out, expecting an answer from the bundle of blankets on the other bed.

After a few moments of silence, he spoke again.

"It's almost noon, sleepyhead. Time to get up!"

Nothing.

He chuckled at her inability to get up, then walked over to her bed. He pulled the blankets down, finding that there was nothing there.

"Oh duh," he realized aloud once he noticed there was a note on the table beside her bed.

Good morning, Sleeping Beauty.
I've been summoned for a certain task. I'll probably be out for an hour or so. If you wake up before I come back, just know that you can grab whatever the hotel provides and my credit card is under this note.  Love you!! ❤️
-Mari

"Aww... She's so sweet. How did I get so lucky to run into her?" He asked himself, a smile expanding across his face. His eyes fell on the little heart she drew for him next to her note.

Adrien had wondered where she went, and he wasn't sure what time she'd left, but he hoped she'd be back soon. He wanted to spend time with her.

The smile fell from his face as he remembered the events that came down last night. How could his father be so against the idea of him being himself? It wasn't until he'd left and run away that he found what made his life valuable, or who had done so.

What he said about Marinette, it angered him so much. He loved this girl, and his father was being so rude. Adrien could not understand what about the love of his life could upset his father to the point of disowning his son.

It was understandable that Gabriel was extremely angered that he had run away and basically ruined his father's reputation by having a spoiled son miss his scheduled photoshoots, but to blame sweet Marinette for everything was way out of line, Adrien felt. The reason he was so emotional last night was not only because his father, his only living family, disowned him and told him his mother would be disappointed in him, but because he told him that Marinette was a waste of his time, a hobby and that she didn't truly love him. His father told him that Marinette was an unpopular fashion designer, only using Adrien to get noticed by the fashion industry, then she'd dump him off and break his heart.

He didn't believe a single word of anything he said about Marinette, but it angered him. It angered him to hear his father tell him that the girl he loved was nothing but a gold-digger and a heart-breaker. He refused to even ponder the idea of being true. 

Marinette was all he had now.

His father pushed him away and disowned him for leaving, his mother was gone, his best friend was living in America, and he was isolated.

Alya was considered a friend to him, but Marinette truly captured his heart. Everything about her was so wonderful to him. The gentle way she smiled, the kindness she spared, her beautiful heart. He didn't just love her because she was beautiful, kind-hearted, or funny. Those were factors, but what stood out to him that really made him fall in love with her was the fact that she, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, stayed true to herself and wasn't afraid to show it. She was herself, and that was the biggest reason he loved her.

Adrien looked at the credit card guiltily and left it under the note. No way he would use it for his own selfish needs.

"Wait... how am I going to pay Marinette back now? My father took everything back, and I don't even have a job or a wallet. I don't even have a penny to give her and I promised I'd spoil her!" Adrien mumbled, falling back on the bed behind him.