Realizations

The next morning when he awoke, Adrien found Marinette's head was on his shoulder as was leaned on the couch. The two of them were on the couch, still clutching onto the dolls they played with the night before. With a tired smile and a blush, Adrien carefully replaced himself with a few pillows for Marinette.

Yawning, he got up and fed the cats. Tikki and Plagg came galloping over like little horses and rubbed their faces against his leg as he placed the bowls of food down.

"Good morning, cats," he mumbled sleepily.

"So what's for breakfast?"

Adrien snapped awake and spun around to see where the voice originated from. He nearly fainted when he realized Alya was already in the apartment.

"How did you get in here?" Adrien whispered, still trying to catch his breath and steady his quickened heartbeat.

"Did everyone forget I have a key? Geez, you people are all late. Also you guys take way too long to wake up. It's already 5:45 am," The girl complained, pointing toward the couch.

"It's... dark. Alya, how is it early? How are you up this early?" He groaned, wanting to flop back to his place on the couch with Marinette.

"I naturally awaken at 4 AM each day. Beauty sleep comes short when you've got things to take care of. Besides, queens like me don't need sleep. My beauty is natural," Alya replied shortly.

"Goodness, you look so bright-eyed and it's not even 8 yet," Adrien whined.

"Of course. Now get your girlfriend up so we can get food. I'm starving," She said, pushing Adrien towards her best friend.

"But she needs actual sleep. Do we really have to wake her? She looks so peaceful- okay fine," Adrien nervously replied as soon as he saw the angered hungry glare Alya gave him.

"Marinette, it's time to wake up," Adrien gently whispered, causing Alya to smile at how gentle he was.

That's cute, she thought. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, get up!!!" Alya yelled, making Adrien jolt his shoulders upwards in surprise.

"Go away, Mom," Marinette mumbled to Alya as she cradled the doll in her arms and buried her face deeper into the pillow.

"You know, I was thinking," Alya began to say to her.

"How unusual," Marinette groaned, causing Alya to strike a glare at her best friend.

"I was thinking that since Adrien is here, we could have some fun," She continued, grabbing a pillow to smack Marinette with.

"What kind of fun?" Adrien questioned, popping in between the two.

"First we get food, then we get to the fun," she answered enthusiastically.

Marinette slowly opened her eyes, noticing that she was getting pillow-pummeled by her best friend.

"I'm awake, I'm awake!" She told Alya, shielding herself with another pillow.

"Good. We need food," she replied, putting down her fluffy weapon. Marinette rolled her eyes and pulled herself off the couch.

"It's almost six in the morning, Marinette! You're taking way too long to awaken!" Alya whined to her best friend who was groggily dragging her feet across the living room. With a glare and a sigh, Marinette dumped her rear end on a chair in the dining room. She wondered how her best friend could be so persistent at times, yet she was grateful for her. Alya sat in the chair beside her's.