Almost Kicked Outta the Store

"First mission: touring the store!" A woman overheard Marinette say, then she scoffed.

"Are you seriously going to take the attractive Adrien Agreste and give him a tour of the local store?! What kind of a girlfriend does that?" She scowled, then flirtatiously winked at Adrien.

"G-girlfriend?" Marinette squeaked out, then looked at Adrien helplessly.

"An adorable girlfriend who has a sense of adventure and fun. Marinette is awesome! Now don't start throwing insults at my girlfriend, Lila," Adrien defensively pulled Marinette to his side without thinking, causing her to have a small heart attack.

I really thought I was over him...

Lila rolled her eyes and flipped her hair, but then said in a sing-song tune as a playful smile tugged at her lips, "If you change your mind, you know who to call..."

As she left, both Adrien and Marinette were blushing wildly then they both thrusted flustered apologies towards one another.

"I'm so sorry!" Both of them yelled to each other, then they blushed.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable! It's just, you know..." Adrien shrugged and laughed nervously.

"No, no! Totally my fault! Lila doesn't like me. She probably just wanted to, you know," she quickly replied, her face hot with strong emotion.

After arguing who's fault it was for a while, they both came to a compromise that it was Lila's fault and neither of their own.

"Ignoring that, let's go back to the tour," Adrien laughed.

"Oh yes!" She grabbed Adrien's arm and pulled him to the dog food section first.

"Here is where the dog food- You know what? Let's skip out on the boring stuff," Marinette dragged him to the food aisle.

"Wow! I've never seen so much packaged food sitting in one place! Usually my father has Natalie do all the shopping!" Adrien said.

"Look at all these cookies!! Is that a bin of licorice?! One time, my friend Nino gave me licorice! Look at all these different cereals! All my father lets Natalie buy is plain oats," he excitedly flew around the food aisles, rambling.

"And I guess this is something you've never had... Is it?" Marinette smirked, holding up a box of toasted pastries.

"What's that?" He asked curiously.

"It's a sweet pastry you put in the toaster. It tastes like a slice of heaven," Marinette introduced her favorite snack.

"Slice of heaven, you say?!" Adrien's eyes grew big in excitement.

"Want to taste it when we get back?" She asked as she put the box into her cart with a smile.

"Yes!" He replied happily.

"Take any snacks you want and put it in this cart. I'm going to pick up some sewing supplies real quick," she told him.

"Really?" He asked, surprised.

"Well, you'll be staying for a while. You need food, so grab anything you'd like," Marinette told him with a grin.

"Maybe I should get all healthy food so I don't gain weight for modeling..." Adrien sighed sadly.

"Pfft, you're not modeling at the moment, so who gives a crap about your weight? Just eat whatever you want," Marinette assured him, causing him to blush. "Besides, you're staying with me and I would rather have a happy roommate."

When she left, he was left blushing hard.

"Food... Candy! Cookies! Chips? Let's see what we have here..." he started looking through some aisles as he took the shopping cart around. He picked up a lot more junk food than he intended, but in all honesty, he was excited.