Prolonged Journey to the Store

Marinette breathed in the cold air with a smile, letting the icy breeze hit her face, refreshing her.
Meanwhile, Adrien was trembling and hugging himself as they walked to their destination.

"Adrien, do you want Alya to pick us up? You seem a bit... cold," Marinette pointed out, letting a laugh escape her.

"W-what? M-Me c-cold? N-nah," he clenched his teeth tighter to keep his chittering to a minimum.

"It's 40 degrees, Adrien. Think you can handle walking a few more blocks?" Marinette asked, rubbing his arm to give him warmth.

Adrien's cheeks filled with heat from the blush he gained while the cold air nipped at his face.

"I-I'll b-be fi-fine!" He insisted, still trying to keep his shivering to a minimum.

Marinette shook her head, smiling at how he was so strongly determined to get to their destination without trying to ask for any help. She had decided that she would buy the boy a sweater as well once they arrived at Target. She would've made him clothing, but she was low on fabric and needed more thread, so she decided she would get some later.

"Adrien, I think you're going to get hypothermia if we don't get somewhere warm," Marinette preached like a mother, pointing to an ironically convenient coffee shop right around the corner.

"Wh-What make-ssszz you s-sayyyy that?" He asked, his teeth chattering hard.

She laughed and pulled the boy with her into the coffee shop.

"Two tall hot chocolates please! Put lots of whip cream on his!" Marinette requested when they went up to the counter.

"Marinette!" Adrien whined helplessly. He wanted to pay for her; he felt he should've paid for her, but someone stole his suitcase with everything.

She flashed a playful look at him, grinning widely like she would when she was in high school.

"Once I get my money back, I swear I'm going to spoil the living chickens out of you, Marinette!" He told her without a second thought.

"You're my friend! Friends do favors for each other! Trust me, there's no need for payback," Marinette assured him, a smile crossing her face as she was gently reminded of why she had liked him in the first place. The old, yet familiar feeling of a blush fell over her face, and she quickly turned back to the counter.

No, no! Not again! Remember how broken-hearted you were after you heard he was marrying Chloe?

Adrien smiled warmly at her, a blush falling over his face.

Soon, they took their drinks and continued on their journey to the store.

The piercing breeze became less of a bother to Adrien as he came to drink his heated beverage.

Soon enough, they arrived at their destination, making Marinette sigh with relief. "Okay, let's find you the men's section. Maybe we should get a shopping cart?"

"No, no! It shouldn't take too many items, Marinette! I swear I don't need too much so don't spend a lot of money on me!" Adrien begged.

Marinette rolled her eyes with a smirk on her face. "We're getting the shopping cart," she declared.

Adrien groaned, feeling guilty that the girl was going to spend so much on him. Marinette playfully winked at him as she grabbed a shopping cart, causing him to laugh a little.

"Okay dude, I know this isn't the couture you're used to as a model, but we can call it the General Couture if it makes you happier," Marinette joked, laughing lightheartedly.

"What? No! I-it's totally fine! Fi-Awesome! Ye-no! Awesome!" Adrien's face flushed red, suddenly embarrassed of his rich background

Marinette had taken notice of this, and she felt a little bad. "No, don't worry. I was joking," she smiled, her eyes gleaming in care. Adrien nodded in response; a smile of relief crossing his face.

"Come on, let's get you some warmer clothes," Marinette gently grabbed his hand, leading him to the clothing aisle.

At her warm touch, Adrien felt an electric spark run through his body, causing butterflies to form upon his stomach.

Additionally, he looked around in awe of where he was. Due to his father not wanting to lower his social status, he was never allowed to shop in common areas or in general. Being a model, top designers came to him, always taking measurements and designing clothing to flatter his body type. Lost in the structure of an actual department store, he followed close behind Marinette.

Marinette smiled as he looked around with wide curious eyes, "Don't come here often, do you?"

"Not really," he blushed, rubbing the back of his head bashfully.

"Well then, looks like you've got some experiencing to get through!" Marinette replied, a smile crossing her face as she took a detour from the clothing aisle.

"Huh?" He looks at her questioningly.

"First mission: touring the store!" Marinette beamed adventurously.