Prologue

Prologue

Bethany

"All he wanted was to protect me. He didn't mean for this to happen," I whisper, closing my eyes and pressing the phone to my ear.

The person on the other line scoffs, then mumbles a string of curse words.

I let myself sink down onto the couch, suddenly feeling utterly exhausted.

"He never wanted to protect you. He pretended to be gone that day so he could kill-"

My head snaps up. "Harry didn't kill anybody," I defend.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself as well . . . as much as I like Harry and want to keep him safe, somehow I feel there's something wrong here.

"You're kidding yourself. The police found proof that it was him who killed her!"

I stand up again, pulling my hair in frustration. The very hair that Harry had touched. The hair that Harry wanted to see in its natural color.

Harry. I shiver involuntarily.

"That's not true."

There's a pause between us.

"I don't know where he is," I admit, rubbing my throbbing temples.

The man on the other line groans loudly.

"Shit, Bethany."

I sigh. "I'm sorry. He got upset over something and he left-"

"Never mind that. We'll figure it out, okay? I'll find Harry," the voice says quietly, almost softly. 

I nod, even though I know he can't see it.

"Okay."

Suddenly, the door behind me bursts open.

I whirl around, dropping the phone in shock at the sight before my eyes.

___

My attempt at a thriller/mystery

I have no idea where this story is going to go so if you like it comment and hold on for the ride ;)

this is also on http://www.harrystylesfanfiction.com/Story/31544/Idioyncrasy-Harry-Styles-AU/

Hey y'all you can check out my new story Rather Die! Its a romance and it features Harry although he has a different name in the story please go read itttt :)