Thirty-nine

Chapter 39

Harry

I open the door, pulling Bethany inside behind me. Almost as soon as the door closes, my lips are on hers. The kiss is so full of passion; passion that has built up over the months I’ve been with her, but didn’t know I loved her.

I walk backward toward the couch, lips still connected to hers. I lay her down beneath me, lips moving to her neck to softly press kisses to her skin.

“You’re so perfect, Beth,” I whisper in her ear, kissing her softly again.

She blushes, leaning her forehead against mine before returning to our heated kiss again.

“I love you,” she mumbles against my lips.

I flip us over, her on top and grin. “I love you too.”

We just lay there for the longest time, just listening to each others’ heart beats.

“Well, What now?” I finally break the silence, rubbing her back. “We haven’t solved anything. Des is still after me.”

Bethany gets off my chest and lies down beside me. I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her back to my chest.

“I don’t know, Harry.” She pauses, and I play with a lock of her hair. “Will the police help?”

I shake my head against her shoulder. “Probably not. Des is more powerful than them, and is also very good at covering up his tracks. That’s why they couldn’t trace anyone when he vandalized my car,” I explain.

Bethany’s quiet for a few seconds. “I don’t want you to get hurt . . . or worse.”

I squeeze my eyes shut and sigh, knowing it’ll be hard to get out of this mess without me getting hurt or killed in the process. I just couldn’t promise that I would be okay.

“It doesn’t matter if I get hurt, Beth. What matters that I keep you safe. I can’t let anything happen to you.”

She rolls over to face me and rests her forehead against mine. “Promise me you’ll be careful, though okay?”

I nod silently.

Say it, Harry.”

“I promise.”

She pecks my lips quickly and buries her face in my chest.

“Stay with me tonight,” I whisper, breathing in the scent of her hair.

I feel her smile against my chest. “Well I wasn’t planning on going home anyway,” she replies, laughing.

“Good.”

We’re quiet for a few minutes, feeling content to just listen to each other’s steady breathing.

“I lost my job the other day,” I blurt out shamefully.

“Oh, Harry.”

I stay silent. “I need to go out and look for a new one tomorrow . . . but—”

“I’ll go with you.”

“No way. I said I’d keep you safe, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.” I poke her nose playfully, and then kiss the spot behind her ear.

“Fine, whatever,” she says in a mock put-off tone.

I lick her nose and she squeals, wriggling away from me until she falls off the couch. I laugh at her, and she groans, getting up and punching me playfully in the chest.

The doorbell suddenly rings, interrupting us.

‘I’ll get it,” I announce, springing from the couch. Upon opening the door, I find Mike standing there. “Hey, Mike,” I say. “Come in.”

“Hey Mike!” Bethany says with a breathtaking smile. They exchange hugs and Bethany winks at me teasingly.

Fuck.

“What brings you here?” I ask him, leading the way to the kitchen and eyeing Bethany.

“I . . . uh came to see if you guys were alright,” he says, looking between us. “Are you?”

I glance at Bethany. “Well . . .”

“For now we are,” she mumbles, pulling her hair into a bun on top of her head. I bite my lip.

Mike gives her a curious look, leaning against the wall. Bethany looks warily at me, and I try to forget how much she turns me on, nodding at her.

“Harry’s in trouble . . . and I could be too,” she tells him solemnly, sitting down at the table. Mike joins her, cocking his head to one side.

“What kind of trouble?”

Bethany and I share another look. “I think we should tell him; he might be able to help us,” Bethany says to me.

I nod, and then open my mouth to tell him the long story.

___

UGH WATTPAD IS RETARDED OK. IT DECIDED TO DO SOME WEIRD SHIT AND DELETE THE CHAPTER SO I HAD TO GO POST IT AGAIN AND IM SO SORRY GUYS -_- IT REALLY MAKES ME MAD.

anyway.

so im sorry that i havent updated in forever....ive been hella busy. last week i had vbs at my church and a family reunion and this week my parents havent let me on the internet....

anyways. im sorry if this chapter sucks like all the rest but at least you got a betharry scene at the beginning :D

dont forget to comment guys xx

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY FOR ALL MY AMERICAN PEEPS OUT THERE

(the only exception by paramore at the side)

AND THAT GIF IS FUCKING HILARIOUS GO LOOK AT IT ------------->