Forty-eight

Chapter 48

Harry

Some people are afraid of going to hell, but other people are the ones who have been to hell and don’t want to go back.

I’ve been to hell. It’s not a fun place to be. Bethany has seen the result of what I almost did. She rescued me from going down a road I could never turn back from.

I would rather die than go back to where I was before. That was a scary, dark place, and it was my fault I was there. I blamed it on Des-even though it was his fault my mother and sister were killed. But it was my fault that I had let my thirst for revenge devour my sanity.

I almost lost so many things that I didn’t realize were important to me, and as I lay next to the most important person in my life, I am determined to never lose her.

Some of the best times in my life were spent with her, but also some of my worst. I share everything with her. She knows me better than anyone.

When we arrived home last night, it was a late and we were tired, so we just crashed at my flat.

I glance at the clock on my night stand, finding it eleven-thirty.

I kiss Bethany’s forehead tenderly, slowly and silently getting out of bed. I go into the kitchen and start to make chocolate-chip pancakes. Once they’re done, I put a couple on a tray along with a glass of orange juice, and quietly walk back into my room.

She’s still asleep, so I set the tray down and lay beside her again. I watch her sleep peacefully for a few moments before kissing her cheek several times.

She slowly wakes up as my lips reach her neck, looking at me with groggy eyes.

“Morning,” she whispers.

“Morning.” I kiss her nose. “I made you breakfast.”

She smiles sleepily. “Thank you, Harry.”

As she eats, I start to think.

“I want to take you somewhere today,” I tell her.

She nods, finishing off her pancakes. “Okay.”

___

(with me by sum 41 at the side)