-Chapter 5-

It's been 1 week since Becky's "tragic" break up and she's still upset. As for me and Luke, well we aren't on the best of terms. Every day we seem to get into a new argument about the smallest of things - mostly about my sister. Although we were having these disagreements Becky thought the best way to fix them was to invite Amy and Luke to stay the weekend. For some unknown reason Luke loved this idea and so did Amy. Honestly, school was getting stressful for Amy and she would do anything to get away from it all, even if that involved her sister.

"Becky I swear this won't work" I grumbled while flattening out the settee throw.

"Don't be such a Debbie downer, it might work." How come Becky is always optimistic for me but not for herself?

"I'm telling you it won't. Luke is with Amy which means he won't even speak to me. It wouldn't surprise me if they started making out in front of me."

"OKAY I get it you're jealous" With every word Becky spoke her chews became louder which agitated me greatly.

"Can you please stop chewing that carrot so loudly?!" I shouted at my best friend who stuck her tongue out at me but continued to eat the carrot in a loud fashion.

A few minutes later Beck received a text from Luke saying they were close. That annoyed me greatly though. I mean come on- he really couldn't text me?, I thought angrily.

"I'm going" I grabbed my jacket in a hurry.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm leaving. I'll be back in a bit I just need some air" At this point, we both knew I wouldn't just be back "in a bit" but Beck was still my best friend. She slightly nodded her head which was my green light to go.
---------/---------
The icy breeze brushed past me in a flurry causing my hair to stick out in every direction. What was daylight had become darkness and was only lit by the dim orange street lamps that lined the pavement leading to the small park. I was lying flat on the shortcut grass with my hair messily swaying in the wind. Very few stars were visible due to the light pollution of the area I was in. Even though there was the noise of the cars and the city life the beauty of the night made that all disappear.

I must have been lying on the field for at least one or two hours until I decided I should probably grow a pair and go home. But no matter how much I tried to force myself to go I couldn't. Luke was a constant distraction to me, I thought about him even when he wasn't there. It hurt when he didn't text me for days at a time and it especially upset me when I talked about Amy like she was the princess. But she wasn't. I was his princess. Oh god, I'm like an over-possessive girlfriend but not because I'm not his girlfriend, I thought, snap out of it Gabbie. After a tediously long walk back to the apartment I finally entered to my two friends and my sister. I threw my keys on the kitchen counter like always and ignored any eye contact while making my way to my room.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock at my door. I expected it to be Becky like always so I shouted just loud enough for her to hear, "I can't do it Beck. I'm sorry" 

"Yes, you can" the all to familiar voice entered my room. 

"Oh, Luke. Please I'm not in the mood to chat"

"Yes you are" he sat next to me on the bed which made me feel self-conscious for no reason. I felt anxious as I watched his eyes scan over me. Without warning, he took my hand in his and smiled at me. 

"No Luke seriously" I backed away but he pulled me back with a gentle tug. 

"Shh. It's okay I know I'm a jerk and your sister isn't nice to you but your best friend is still out there. She only did this to distract her from her sadness. If you won't do it for me do it for her."

"Fine but you have to promise me you won't make out with Amy in front of us. It's actually vomiting worthy." He chuckled and nodded before leaning into me. My heart dropped and I couldn't do anything but freeze. His hand stuck out which I took with a hint of confusion. However, that was quickly taken away as he pulled me up. During this task, I managed to fall into him just enough to push him back a tad. My breathing became heavy because we were in such a close proximity. As he laughed I felt his chest rise and fall. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug which I returned. Not soon after we started the hug I realized his bulge was where my lower area was. The worst part of it all was that it was slowly turning me on slightly. I squeezed my eyes shut and bit my lip because Luke was prolonging the hug. I let go and did my best poker face before going back into the living room.
----------/----------
The whole night I was squeezing my legs together because the turned on feeling had stuck around for most of it. Every now and then Luke would be in the kitchen behind me and I'd reach for a glass and not quite reach so he would press right up to my back and grab it for me. Unfortunately, beck recognized my movements and raised an eyebrow at me which I replied to with a desperate look...
-------/-------
"So this is where you two can sleep" I opened the door of our small guest room which we hadn't used in months. "Sorry it's quite messy we don't usually have guests stay the night" Luke once again smiled at me but my sister acted like I wasn't there and shut the door on me. "Ok then" I whispered under my breath to myself and left to my room.

My door was opened a few minutes later by Becky who had come to discuss the awkward events that happened today. 

"Gabbie, you've got a lot of explaining to do" 

"Oh no," Beck sat on my bed and got comfortable knowing I had a lot to say. 

"So why were you squeezing your legs all evening? I mean I'm pretty sure I know why But I'll check."

"No reason..." I lied, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Liar! Tell me now." 

"Nope."

"If you don't, I'm telling Luke you love him-"

"Don't you dare." I glared at her as she slowly backed away towards the guest bedroom. "Fine! It was because I-i was turned on.."

"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you. What did you say?" She joked on. 

"Oh shut up."

"So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was Luke that did that to you" she pointed down to my lower area with a smirk. 

"Well, it wasn't you and obviously not my sister." 

"Yeah you definitely like him"

"Becky he's literally next door he'll hear you"

"No, he won't"

"Our walls are thinner than you"

"Uh is that a comeback?"

"Yeah but uhm yeah they're very thin"

"He ain't gonna hear us because he's too busy fucking your sister"

"Excuse me what? I'm sorry I thought you just said he was banging my sister in my house"

"Well no I didn't I said fucking and you said banging so not the same word but essentially yes."

"Great...You can go now" she shrugged her shoulders and shot me a pitiful look before exiting my room.
-------/-------
Just as Becky had told me Luke and Amy were fucking. The pure idea of this filled me with anger and jealousy. I deny I like Luke but I so desperately wanted to be next door with him. But I wasn't and I never will be because to him I'm probably just Amy's older sister. He probably only talks to me because he thinks he has to. I'll always be on the other side of the wall and the sooner I know that the sooner I'll get over him...
-----/-----
The sound of Luke and Amy's moans had officially scarred me for life. They were at it for a full 2 hours without a break. There was a lot of "dirty talk" which pretty much just consisted of one of them shouting stuff like "oh yeah baby like that" or "FUCK yes" and a lot of shushes because they thought it totally wasn't obvious they were having sex. I am definitely bringing this up in the morning...