-Chapter 34-

A/n: So sorry about the giant update gap, I've had writers block but I'm back! Small reminder to vote for this fanfiction for the Fanfiction Awards 2018 :-) Enjoy X

I watched Luke's eyes slowly open to reveal his ocean blue eyes. I hummed happily, causing a smile to break out on his face. Leaning in, I pressed my forehead against his as a small sign of affection.

"I love you," I whispered happily, never wanting to move away from him.

"You're okay I guess." He said with a shrug. I frowned and turned my back on him, feeling the breeze hit my bare skin. He laughed to himself and snuck his hand over my naked stomach, breathing heavily into the crease of my neck as he left gentle kisses on my skin. "Just kidding, Princess."

A loud knock on the hotel door caused a loud groan to leave my mouth as Luke's body left the bed.

"What do you want?" He mumbled angrily as he opened the door.

"Good morning to you too, Princess." Michael joked, allowing himself into the room. I instinctively pulled the bed sheets further up my chest so everything but my face was hidden. "Hello there." He whistled with a smirk as his eyes landed on me.

"Fuck off, Michael." Luke elbowed his chest as an attempt to force him out the room, but he inched closer to the bed instead.

"We have band practice, Luke." He told him the message he had clearly came to deliver. Michael wandered over to the window, drawing the curtains quickly to let the sunlight seep into the room. I squinted my eyes at the sudden contact with the light, hissing and hiding under the covers. "Oh and Liz told us not to tell you, but she's surprising you this afternoon."

I snorted like a pig, my weird version of a laugh, before realising who Liz was. Liz was Luke's mum, I'd never met her before. Suddenly, nervous butterflies swarmed my stomach.

"You can finally meet my mum!" Luke grinned happily, looking over in my direction. I gave him a small, calm smile but on the inside, I was screaming. I'm never good when I'm put in awkward situations.

"Uh, Mike, what time is she coming?" I asked while fumbling with my hands.

"I don't know," He shrugged unhelpfully. "She just said this afternoon."

"Goodbye, Michael," Luke whined, shoving him out of the room after a lot of pushing. I took in a deep breath, not sure if I was ready to meet his family yet- especially Liz. Liz was overprotective, at least that's the vibe that I got from Luke's many stories about his childhood. "Hello?" Luke waved his hand in front of my face as I stared off into the distance.

"What?" I asked dreamily.

"I asked if you were excited?" He said with a chuckle. I held my breath because I didn't know how to answer. I didn't want to lie, I really wasn't looking forward to it...at all, but then again, I didn't want to upset him by telling the truth.

"I don't know." I shrugged nonchalantly, hoping he would drop the subject.

"You're not, are you?" He sighed, sitting next to me on the bed.

"It's not that I'm not excited," I started, slowing down my speech to think of the following sentence to make him feel better. "It's just that I'm nervous. What if she hates me?"

"Don't be. Look, she'll have to love you because I do and I'm not letting you go. She'll just have to deal with it."

"You're so cheesy sometimes." I laughed, getting up and heading to the bathroom that was attached to our room. Luke whistled at my naked body, making me roll my eyes dramatically.