-Chapter 39-

A/n: smut warning ;)

"Oh my God," Amy repeated under her breath as she stared into the full-length mirror at her wedding dress. "This is happening." I chuckled softly and nodded. One of her other bridesmaids stood up from the stool she was previously lounging on and launched forward to hug her. 

"This is crazy." Amy's friend spluttered. 

"Okay, okay. Let's try not to make the bride cry before she goes down the aisle." I smiled supportively at my sister as she was released from her hug. She turned to me and held my hands. "You look beautiful," I told her softly, undeniably jealous of how perfect the ceremony was bound to be. 

"I know." Her voice faltered despite how confident she sounded. We both laughed loudly until a knock at the door forced us to part. "That'll be dad."

"You ready?" I asked her, squeezing her hands. She bit her lip and exhaled anxiously before nodding. 

As soon as we all exited the small room and into the corridor leading to the entrance to the hall, I could see all the men dressed in their suites, waiting to accompany us down the aisle. I couldn't suppress my smile as Luke's eyes met mine. We approached them all and waited by the big double doors until we were told to approach. I linked my arm with Luke's but didn't say anything in fear that I might start crying. 

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear, leaning down quite a bit to do so. I smiled to myself and just nodded playfully. We were the first couple to go up and I was nervous to do just that and I don't know why. Staff opened the doors for us and we were instructed to walk down and separate to each side of the arch, making sure to leave room for the bride. The music started simultaneously and before I knew it, Luke and I were walking down the aisle, arm in arm. I slowly looked around at the familiar faces of friends and family and felt overcome with emotion. We reached the end and split up into each side, watching as the trail of bridesmaids entered behind us. Robert looked like he was literally shitting himself as he watched the door anxiously. 

And then she entered. 

Amy slowly walked down the aisle with her head bopping up and down and a linked arm with our father. He looked just as happy as she did. She genuinely looked stunning. She used her other hand to wave at some of the people in the seats. She approached Robert with a slight laugh as he raised his eyebrows at her. The priest started the ceremony and I think the majority switched off. I locked eyes with Luke, who was staring me down. He mouthed 'I love you' to me and I felt my cheeks turn red, but I returned the statement in silence. 

"I do," Robert said happily before Amy repeated the same sentence.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest finished the ceremony and the happy couple shared the blessed kissed. I cheered loudly, making everyone else join in with me. Amy laughed and started walking down the aisle again, this time with her husband by her side. I followed behind with Luke holding onto my hand while cheers continued to fill up the hall. 

-

We were sat in the large room where the party was being held when Robert stood up and initiated the speeches. Luke and I were sat next to each other on the main table where our family and close friends were. Robert was already slightly tipsy by this point in the evening, so he was slightly messy with his words, but they were sweet none the less. 

"I want to start off by thanking you all for being here. As cliche as it sounds, I feel like I've known Amy for years when in reality it's been a year; the best year of my life. Even lazy days in the apartment were some of the best days. And, of course, Amy's parents have been so accommodating and supportive of us and our decisions. I couldn't have asked for better in-laws." He rambled on, making my mum blush. "So, again, thank you." He sat back down and everyone cheered as his speech, some other members of the crowd being as tipsy as he was. Then it was my turn to speak.