- Chapter 25 -

a/n: this chapters dedication goes to @paigey-lee02 for being the first to comment <3 

Snapchat: xfanfictsx 

My mouth parted in shock at what I was looking at on screen.

About a week prior I was in a singing mood so I set up my phone so the lens was facing me and I was in focus. It was slumped on a candle I had laying on my desk. I had played a few simple chords on my keyboard while singing Titanium by David Guetta. Somehow I managed to just about hit the notes while I sang, most likely annoying my neighbours. 

The video had gained 200, 000 over the short space of time it had been uploaded. A lot of the people who watched it was new 5sos fans who knew who I was from old social media posts. I had negative comments but the majority were positive. For the first time in weeks, I felt happy and excited.

I logged onto twitter on my laptop, quickly slamming the letters on my keyboard. Just as I had suspected I had hundreds of notifications, making my heart skip a beat. I unlocked my phone to find the contact I was looking for, putting it to my ear while listening to the awkward beeps. They suddenly stopped and a familiar voice welcomed me on the other end.

"Hey!" Luke exclaimed, overly excited to be getting a call from me.

I know what you're thinking- since when were you two so chummy? Luke and I were talking every night, not like we used to though. Things were still awkward but not so much that we couldn't keep a conversation. 

"Have you seen my twitter?" I asked with a shaky voice, caused by the pure adrenaline rushing through my body. 

"Of course I have, everyone's tweeting me."

"Have you seen my singing video?"  I asked, getting nervous and shy like always.

"Yeah, it was beautiful." He complimented me. I blushed and hid my face, out of habit.

"Thank you..." 

"Where are you right now?" I asked.

"Italy, it's really hot." 

"I've always wanted to visit Italy. It looks so picturesque." I gushed over the phone. 

"Maybe one day I'll take you." I could hear the smile in Luke's voice which caused my small smile to grow wider. 

"I would love that."

After talking for an hour Luke was forced out of his hotel room to practise for his show that night. I didn't realise how long I had spent talking to him until I checked the time. It was only midday but I had planned to go shopping since I hadn't been out of the house much since the boys left. I didn't really have any reason to go outside. Luke was usually the one dragging me to get coffee or a silly concert at the small arena near us.

I raised my arms up, stretching out before standing up. Wobbling slightly, I shoved my worn down boots on my feet and shrugged into my warm coat. I made sure I had my house keys, phone and purse before rushing out the door. 

I walked to the shopping centre, just to get more fresh air into my lungs before I went back inside forever. I had almost forgotten what it was like to feel the icy wind slash your face as you battled against it to stand up straight. In a weird way, it was nice, refreshing almost. It brought me back to the time Luke and I had battled through a storm just because I desperately wanted photos of the sunset. The clouds were murky and mysterious but on the horizon, a swirl of blues and pinks made the sky into a work of art. He had held my waist as I trembled to take the photo on my canon camera that ended up breaking a month later.